Memphis Blues | The Boneyard

Memphis Blues

Reaction Score
Opinions expressed in these lyrics do not necessarily represent those of the poster.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Senior night in Gampel Pavilion is NOT a date you want to be there if you're an opponent. Four things are certain.

1. You're going to lose. UConn is not going to let their seniors go out on a sour note, and lose their last home game.
2. You're going to be playing in front of a sold out crowd. The student section will be loud, raucous and on you all night like stink on a dead man. They don't sit down the entire game. They won't get tired of standing.
3. You're not going to enjoy any aspect of the game, or your experience in Gampel that evening. You'll want to leave Storrs and the state of Connecticut as soon as possible.
4. You'll never forget the senior night you spent at UConn the rest of your life.

Welcome to Storrs and Gampel Pavilion team Memphis, we're glad you're here. We hope you have a pleasant evening. :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Senior night in Gampel Pavilion is NOT a date you want to be there if you're an opponent. Four things are certain.

1. You're going to lose. UConn is not going to let their seniors go out on a sour note, and lose their last home game.
2. You're going to be playing in front of a sold out crowd. The student section will be loud, raucous and on you all night like stink on a dead man. They don't sit down the entire game. They won't get tired of standing.
3. You're not going to enjoy any aspect of the game, or your experience in Gampel that evening. You'll want to leave Storrs and the state of Connecticut as soon as possible.
4. You'll never forget the senior night you spent at UConn the rest of your life.

Like KLS, my stroke came back too. Three of the "4 things are certain" I suggested came true yesterday. The fourth will manifest itself over time. The entire Memphis team probably felt like "Memphis Minnies" yesterday. No matter what they did, they couldn't catch a break, and nothing was working for them. As another poster said: "wrong place, wrong time". :confused:

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Back in the 70's I was a real concert goer. I saw BB King 4x, Albert King twice, Buddy Guy 2x, Freddie King once, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, Taj Mahal and a host of others. I was also a big fan of The Allman Brothers who I saw 3x before Duane died. I once saw at MSG a lineup of BB King, Ike and Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones. Here's a couple of faves:

Reaction Score
I had the good fortune to see BETH HART at the egg in albany, n.y. last night. A great voice and incredible interaction with her fans !

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I had the good fortune to see BETH HART at the egg in albany, n.y. last night. A great voice and incredible interaction with her fans !
Saw her last time she was there, last year. Love her voice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom