Memory Lane | The Boneyard

Memory Lane

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw several of Paige's games online during her senior year. Hopkins looked like the best high school team I had ever seen, especially on offense. I knew that Paige would be really, really good, though not NPOY as a freshman level of good. She's as good as anyone.

Reaction Score
I saw several of Paige's games online during her senior year. Hopkins looked like the best high school team I had ever seen, especially on offense. I knew that Paige would be really, really good, though not NPOY as a freshman level of good. She's as good as anyone.

Hopkins was the only HS team I could stand watching for more than a few minutes. I won't get into a "who's the best" but I've never enjoyed watching a player more at any level.

Reaction Score
I had drifted away from following WCBB and UConn after Stewie's second championship. Life got in the way. And then a friend sent me a link to a video of a Hopkins game with a cryptic note: "Something special here." I watched that video and I was hooked. It was from Paige's junior year, and I tracked down every video I could find. The games against Wayzata HS and Stillwater HS were particularly thrilling. When she arrived in Storrs I watched the first few games and she was even better playing against D1 opponents than she'd been against HS kids. Geno had assembled some serious talent around her, of course. But I'd never seen a freshman do that before. I mean, the game against SC practically floored me. and the Tennessee game. The Baylor game. Syracuse. This was a skinny freshman doing these things, a kid her HS coach nicknamed Olive Oyl, and she was already a dominant player in D1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom