Memories of 2010 | The Boneyard

Memories of 2010

Reaction Score
This year's team reminds me of the 2010 team that won the NC, at least in the lack of height. If you recall, the starting lineup in that Natty was: Caroline Doty, 5'10", Kalena Greene, 5'10", Tiffany Hayes, 5'10", Maya Moore, 6'0, and Tina Charles, 6'4"... essentially 4 guards and one true post player. Now we know that MM was already a two-time player of the Year and Tina won Player of the Year that season, so they had two stud players, for sure. They went onto to beat Baylor and freshman BG (6'9") in the National semifinals and then beat Stanford in the NC, who had an impressive frontline of Nneka Ogwumike, 6'2", Kayla Pederson, 6'4" and Jayne Appel, 6'4". Now, I am NOT saying from a talent perspective this team is as talented as that UConn one, but I think we may have a shot at beating teams with similar frontlines with this 4-guard lineup, which is very close in height as that 2010 team. PB is a former National Player of the Year, and while I would not compare AE to Tina, I think Ashlynn is better than Caroline Doty right now and KK has the potential to be better than Kalena Greene by March. Nika is clearly not better than Tiffany Hayes. With AG and QS coming off the bench and, hopefully, an improved Ice Brady by March, I believe this team can catch magic in a bottle and do something special.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love Paige, but I don't think there has been a player like Maya before or since.

Reaction Score
I love Paige, but I don't think there has been a player like Maya before or since.
I agree. I wasn't trying to compare the two except to point out that they were both former National Players of the Year. MM is my UConn GOAT!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom