OT: - Memorial Day Weekend | The Boneyard

OT: Memorial Day Weekend

Reaction Score
Remembering those who gave their lives. Happy Memorial Day Weekend from Highland Beach Florida!
01E5B2F0-1E3A-4FD0-AAE8-5C76BDC072D9.jpeg

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am just completing the display of my "patriotic" seasonal decor - displayed from Memorial Day weekend through Flag Day and up until July 4th, honoring our great country.

That said, my wife's nephew is career Navy (as was his father) and every Memorial Day he reminds us (Facebook or text) that it is not a day to honor veterans and it is not a day to honor folks serving in the military now. I mean it is a really big thing with him.

Memorial Day honors those who died while serving. It was a special day of remembrance for my Dad, who had been a ground mechanic for B17 bombers in WWII and lost many folks he knew (even if not "friends") who either never came back or came back and died from wounds. As well as friends who were lost when planes crashed at the base killing ground mechanics sleeping in their tents at the end of the runway. Every year he would set up the flagpole and follow the prescribed flag etiquette.

Reaction Score
I am just completing the display of my "patriotic" seasonal decor - displayed from Memorial Day weekend through Flag Day and up until July 4th, honoring our great country.

That said, my wife's nephew is career Navy (as was his father) and every Memorial Day he reminds us (Facebook or text) that it is not a day to honor veterans and it is not a day to honor folks serving in the military now. I mean it is a really big thing with him.

Memorial Day honors those who died while serving. It was a special day of remembrance for my Dad, who had been a ground mechanic for B17 bombers in WWII and lost many folks he knew (even if not "friends") who either never came back or came back and died from wounds. As well as friends who were lost when planes crashed at the base killing ground mechanics sleeping in their tents at the end of the runway. Every year he would set up the flagpole and follow the prescribed flag etiquette.
My uncle Robert F Sutton who died in Europe in WW2, who I was named after. So to me this is a special time. Not for living vets, we can be thanked anytime, we came home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom