Memorial Day nears | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memorial Day nears

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I ended up being eligible the last year they conducted the lottery and the first year they called up no one from the class. I carried my draft card for the next 20 years in my wallet.
Sounds like you and I are about the same age. You might be a couple of years older. I don't remember being in the lottery. I removed my draft card from my wallet maybe ten years ago. It was so frayed that all identifying information had worn away!

Reaction Score
BYers,

I'm a little embarrassed by my redundant posts above. I started drinking early and often yesterday and by 11:00 Bulleit had me thoroughly bulleted. Also very emotional over the news of various goings on here and around. I'm afraid some of that bubbled up and out. Didn't intend to be so sappy.
You should drink more often! (And be sure to write when you drink!)

Reaction Score
After hearing all of your meaningful stories and as a daughter, sister and aunt of vets and active-duty personnel serving from WWI-present, I share the following:

"Mansions of the Lord" performed by the Cadet Glee Club of West Point

FYI -- I posted two separate videos, but YouTube only shows the pic of the Naval Academy Glee Club here. If you click on the West Point Glee Club link it will take you to that video. Sorry for any confusion -- hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After hearing all of your meaningful stories and as a daughter, sister and aunt of vets and active-duty personnel serving from WWI-present, I share the following:

"Mansions of the Lord" performed by the Cadet Glee Club of West Point

Husky40: We're just back awhile ago from our moving small town Memorial Day ceremony. An emotional day, but this post of yours has brought the most tears dripping down my thus far. . Such beauty. Thank you.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Winslot: Just think of this: Hundred of thousands of our population came from war torn Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle east. They live because our Boys and Girls had their lives taken (they don't give them). Congresswoman Omar serves and lives because our military saved her and other Somalia's. The gift of life and service was given when their lives were taken.
Good point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom