Melo | The Boneyard

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So things have been a bit blue around here lately, thought we could all commiserate with hating Syracuse's one big achievement, Carmelo Anthony, the most selfish, "Superstar" the sport has ever seen.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...armelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

Apparently Melo is fighting with other players who want him to do things like, "Grab Rebounds" and "Play Defense" and he is getting sick of, "Running hard in practice". He actually believes he is a superstar of the Caliber of Lebron. or Jordan. What a joke. His legacy in the NBA will be greed and laziness. Just stand on the elbow and ISO all day. You guys watch and help me out on the defense....

Reaction Score
We don't need another Melo related thread. We get it he's flawed, move along.

Reaction Score
In his only yr of CBB we beat his ASS twice once in HTFD and once in MSG, by comfortable margins. In fairness his supporting cast was not the equal of ours.:( They won the title that yr, we had to play a good Texas team in San Antonio. As JC always said"It's always about the matchups."

Reaction Score
But Tim Hardaway Jr you average 1 rebound in 20 min per game lol

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
In his only yr of CBB we beat his ASS twice once in HTFD and once in MSG, by comfortable margins. In fairness his supporting cast was not the equal of ours.:( They won the title that yr, we had to play a good Texas team in San Antonio. As JC always said"It's always about the matchups."
We were their Louisville.

Reaction Score
First time I can ever remember a "superstar" or "Top 10 player" in the game getting called out by a teammate for not playing hard, a second-year guy of all people. Just embarrassing, Melo's leadership skills are non-existent.

At least it's like the "good old days" from a decade ago when I can give up on the Knicks before Christmas.

Reaction Score
What's the point of this thread?
KnicksDrink-480x480.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't doubt that some of it is true but lets remember that Broussard wrote this piece

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well some of us on here pay attention to basketball in general, and not just UConn.
I'm with you. I'm constantly mystified why people who seem to have no interest in a thread topic invariably post on it complaining about the thread topic. If you aren't interested, feel free to simply not click on the thread!

Several Knicks, in addition to Hardaway, are at odds with Anthony and believe he is not playing team basketball. Sources said players voiced their displeasure with Anthony over the weekend, telling him he shoots too much, doesn't move or pass the ball, and plays defense only when he feels like it.

In other news, water is wet... Much as I hate Kobe, the guy at least works hard and plays hard on the court. And there are other big time stars in the league who are always working on their games trying to get better, and playing hard when on the court.

Reaction Score
So things have been a bit blue around here lately, thought we could all commiserate with hating Syracuse's one big achievement, Carmelo Anthony, the most selfish, "Superstar" the sport has ever seen.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...armelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

Apparently Melo is fighting with other players who want him to do things like, "Grab Rebounds" and "Play Defense" and he is getting sick of, "Running hard in practice". He actually believes he is a superstar of the Caliber of Lebron. or Jordan. What a joke. His legacy in the NBA will be greed and laziness. Just stand on the elbow and ISO all day. You guys watch and help me out on the defense....

....a Mr. Bryant in Los Angeles would like to have a word with you...

Reaction Score
Kobe has 5 rings though. He gets a pass. Melo has never even competed in a big game in the NBA.

The question was one of selfishness.

And let's not buy into the ESPN/NBA myth making for Kobe. Shaq and Phil could have won three rings (maybe more) with any of the top wing players in the league at that time. To that point, that dynasty would have lasted longer if not for the selfishness of Mr. Bryant.

That said, Kobe is (well, was) MILES above Melo as a player. As for being selfish...Kobe is the GOAT!!

Reaction Score
Kobe has 5 rings though. He gets a pass. Melo has never even competed in a big game in the NBA.

Melo has never had a teammate even remotely comparable to Shaq or Pau Gasol.

Reaction Score
Melo has never had a teammate even remotely comparable to Shaq or Pau Gasol.

Yes but apparently his teammates are not, "Soft like Toilet Paper"
which is apparently what Kobe's teammates are like these days

Reaction Score
Please. Kobe actually plays defense and is currently leading the Lakers in assists, averaging 5 per game.

Your definition of defense is different than mine. And who else on that team could get 4 assists?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If syracuse plays man to man for the entire 03 tourney they are elimanted before the elite 8...

Reaction Score
Your definition of defense is different than mine. And who else on that team could get 4 assists?
So how do you define the play of a 12-time member of the NBA All-Defensive Team?

And it doesn't matter who else is on his team. The fact that he leads said team in assists demolishes any assertion that he's selfish. In fact, considering how few options he has on his team, the fact that he still leads in assists is pretty crazy to me.

Reaction Score
So how do you define the play of a 12-time member of the NBA All-Defensive Team?

And it doesn't matter who else is on his team. The fact that he leads said team in assists demolishes any assertion that he's selfish. In fact, considering how few options he has on his team, the fact that he still leads in assists is pretty crazy to me.

You meant he used to play defense. I misunderstood. Like I said earlier, KobMe is miles ahead of Melo as a player. Doesn't mean he isn't more selfish. Hell, Phil quit the Lakers and wrote about about Kobe ' s selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom