OT: Melo | The Boneyard

OT: Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
IMG_20141108_230807.jpg

Just saw this on NBA Tv. 5 straight games with more shots than points. Shooting 38% from the field. This guy will never be associated with winning in the nba. Put him in one of those dish commercials already..

Reaction Score
melo only care about melo

team or teemates,not too much

melo gonna dooz only what he goods at-cash check every 2 wks & parti ons

sound like new foosball regime

Reaction Score
I'm not a Melo fan but he is an outstanding offensive player. However he has not proven he can play as/with a team, or obviously lead them to post season success.

Old school days he reminds me of Bernard King.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That one year Melo rental has saved Boeheim's career. CAn you imagine the "best coach to never win it" polls without that one year with Melo??? It would be a landslide.
So what happens if the NCAA voids that championship?

Reaction Score
Uconn basketball will have to save me once again Yankees-Giants and Knicks all suck monkey balls, and of course Uconn football.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Melo fan but he is an outstanding offensive player.
I'd have to amend this slightly to "outstanding scorer."
He's a terrible offensive player, because he makes his whole team worse.
Melo is a one trick pony. He's absolutely a top player at scoring 1 on 1. That's it. He's poison to an offense, and thus not a good offensive player, because he makes everybody around him worse on offense.
Funny part is, the guy gets credit for being the best or one of the top 2 or 3 scorers in the league, but his PER is not top 50. He's a volume scorer. It' big ---ck syndrome at its worst.
If nothing else, Melo highlights the need to be reminded that PPG is a horrible single statistic analysis tool.

Who thought that putting a triangle offense with passing in NY with Carmelo Anthony as the main guy would work? Seriously? The NY Knicks of the last 12 years could be the most dysfunctional NBA franchise ever. Mind boggling.

Reaction Score
I'd have to amend this slightly to "outstanding scorer."
He's a terrible offensive player, because he makes his whole team worse.
Melo is a one trick pony. He's absolutely a top player at scoring 1 on 1. That's it. He's poison to an offense, and thus not a good offensive player, because he makes everybody around him worse on offense.
Funny part is, the guy gets credit for being the best or one of the top 2 or 3 scorers in the league, but his PER is not top 50. He's a volume scorer. It' big ---ck syndrome at its worst.
If nothing else, Melo highlights the need to be reminded that PPG is a horrible single statistic analysis tool.

Who thought that putting a triangle offense with passing in NY with Carmelo Anthony as the main guy would work? Seriously? The NY Knicks of the last 12 years could be the most dysfunctional NBA franchise ever. Mind boggling.

Melo was 7th in PER last year. 4th the year before.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Melo fan but he is an outstanding offensive player. However he has not proven he can play as/with a team, or obviously lead them to post season success.

There is no comparsion. King much much better. When your team's leadign pg is Rory Sparrow and your pf is Truck Robsinon - you aren't going anywhere.

With that said - Melo is a volume scorer. When you surround him with garbage on offense and defense - and questionable coaching which he has had in the past- he is going to look downright awful a lot of the times. He did get to WCF's with Denver. Knicks were pretty good 2 years ago too. But his team sucks. You can't all dump it on him. One of the past games his pg's were Shumpert and/or Hardaway.

Bot no way he is Bernard King.

Reaction Score

Blasphemy!

Bernard King is my all time favorite basketball player. I became a Knicks fan because of Bernard King. King was the most intense basketball player to ever wear sneakers, a true warrior. Take it back I say.

Reaction Score
Blasphemy!

Bernard King is my all time favorite basketball player. I became a Knicks fan because of Bernard King. King was the most intense basketball player to ever wear sneakers, a true warrior. Take it back I say.
OK, damn guys, maybe I just picked the first high scorer type player that came to mind. I also loved BK. There has to be another Melo type who has played the NBA game out there.

Reaction Score
Eh you guys are just hard on him because he is a Cuse. He is a top 10 player in the NBA right now and Top 3 offensively

Reaction Score
Eh you guys are just hard on him because he is a Cuse. He is a top 10 player in the NBA right now and Top 3 offensively

What does this mean? Before LeBron James stepped up on the court and had his recent runs the past few years- King as a big time scoring sf had the greatest fg% ever for a sf.
In 82-83 imho King outplayed Dr J (or at least the latter half of the series he did) in playoffs though Sixers won becuase of a far superior team.
In 83-84 against the Celts - filled with hof players- King singlhandedly took the series to 7. ANd he had to guard Bird at one end and be the dominant scorer - not have a bunch of other HOF's at the other -and his team still competed. You don't have to take below "literal." But let's not get carried away here with Melo.

http://www.popsspot.com/2013/04/genius-contained-bernard-king-vs-hubie-brown/

http://www.popsspot.com/2013/04/ii-genius-unchained-bernard-king-vs-isiah-larry-and-history/

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/227128/Bernard-King-The-NBAs-Invisible-Genius

Reaction Score
What does this mean? Before LeBron James stepped up on the court and had his recent runs the past few years- King as a big time scoring sf had the greatest fg% ever for a sf.
In 82-83 imho King outplayed Dr J (or at least the latter half of the series he did) in playoffs though Sixers won becuase of a far superior team.
In 83-84 against the Celts - filled with hof players- King singlhandedly took the series to 7. ANd he had to guard Bird at one end and be the dominant scorer - not have a bunch of other HOF's at the other -and his team still competed. You don't have to take below "literal." But let's not get carried away here with Melo.

http://www.popsspot.com/2013/04/genius-contained-bernard-king-vs-hubie-brown/

http://www.popsspot.com/2013/04/ii-genius-unchained-bernard-king-vs-isiah-larry-and-history/

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/227128/Bernard-King-The-NBAs-Invisible-Genius

Bernard scored 42 in his first game as a Frosh at Tennesee. The guy was a freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom