Megan WNBA ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan WNBA ?

Reaction Score
Megan's stats this year are quite comparable to Napheesa's stats in her senior year, and she was WNBA Rookie of the Year. Pheesa was also a "tweener" at 6-1, and similar predictions were made on the Boneyard about her WNBA future.

I particularly don't get your comment about "very little vertical". Ever since she was a freshman, but particularly this year, she has been getting rebounds against taller and seemingly stronger players. She did that against last year's Notre Dame team with Shepard and Turner, and she did it against Baylor a few weeks ago. She also did it against UCLA last year, who was a particularly good offensive rebounding team.
I don't evaluate players by stats. She's having a nice season. We'll see how she does if and when she gets to the pros.

Reaction Score
50 thousand USD goes a long way in Poland..50 thousand zloty..not so much..its worth about a quarter...so I hope Anna will get paid in USD if she goes back early...:eek:

Reaction Score
50 thousand USD goes a long way in Poland..50 thousand zloty..not so much..its worth about a quarter...so I hope Anna will get paid in USD if she goes back early...:eek:

I think that by now AM realizes that she's got a lot of work to do before she is ready for top level pro basketball...................she may not stay four years but I'd be very surprised if she didn't stay for three.................besides when Ms Bueckers gets here AM is going to be the recipient of so many really easy scoring opportunities she isn't going to want to leave the court period...........

Reaction Score
gosh.................with all of those shortcomings I'm amazed she averaging almost twenty one points and nine rebounds a game............... ;)

only joking I get your point......... :)

Reaction Score
If it was a choice between Walker and Dangerfield for my WNBA team, I’d take Walker. She has size and a capable three point shot.
But it isn't a choice. They are a year apart and one is a point guard and the other a shooting guard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But it isn't a choice. They are a year apart and one is a point guard and the other a shooting guard.
They could be the same WNBA draft class and Megan Walker has never played SG while at UCONN. I think that was the premise of this entire thread.

Reaction Score
They could be the same WNBA draft class and Megan Walker has never played SG while at UCONN. I think that was the premise of this entire thread.
I see what you mean. But I cannot think the WNBA wants someone 6'1" in a power forward role. She has been there largely because UCONN had been unsuccessful for several years attracting anyone big. Maybe I'm nuts but I would want her to play shooting guard. Whichever position she plays, she still must become better at decision-making and ball security. It never occurred to me that Megan might opt for the draft after this season concludes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I see what you mean. But I cannot think the WNBA wants someone 6'1" in a power forward role. She has been there largely because UCONN had been unsuccessful for several years attracting anyone big. Maybe I'm nuts but I would want her to play shooting guard. Whichever position she plays, she still must become better at decision-making and ball security. It never occurred to me that Megan might opt for the draft after this season concludes.
There have been several threads that have mentioned this as a "possibility" for both Megan and Evina.
I think we tend to be too UCONN focused when looking at WNBA potential. Jackie Young @ 6' was an early entry last year and went number 1 overall in WNBA. Megan is not going to go #1 overall in a draft that includes Sabrina. Arguably Megan is having a better season than Young did as a ND junior and her 45% shooting from behind the arc makes Megan a very attractive WNBA possibility.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There have been several threads that have mentioned this as a "possibility" for both Megan and Evina.
I think we tend to be too UCONN focused when looking at WNBA potential. Jackie Young @ 6' was an early entry last year and went number 1 overall in WNBA. Megan is not going to go #1 overall in a draft that includes Sabrina. Arguably Megan is having a better season than Young did as a ND junior and her 45% shooting from behind the arc makes Megan a very attractive WNBA possibility.
It's a possibility. But I doubt either one would leave without their degree. I don't believe any player has left UCONN early without a degree.

Now next year, Westbrook should have her degree, but still have a year of eligibility left. But I don't see her using it. I imagine she'll leave with Walker.

Reaction Score
But I don't see her using it. I imagine she'll leave with Walker.

Again, unless Walker declares for the 2020 draft. You never know what a player might want to do.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Again, unless Walker declares for the 2020 draft. You never know what a player might want to do.
Talking about the 2021 Draft.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Check back on the discussion at this post.
You responded to my post. The part which was about "next year", 2021.

Oh wait, now I think I see where you got confused. Highly, highly improbable any player leaves eligibility on the table UNLESS they have a degree. Don't believe any UCONN player has ever done that. I don't think Walker or Westbrook are a year ahead academically.

Reaction Score
Oh wait, now I think I see where you got confused. Highly, highly improbable any player leaves eligibility on the table UNLESS they have a degree. Don't believe any UCONN player has ever done that. I don't think Walker or Westbrook are a year ahead academically.

I was never confused. The only thing about this topic that confuses me is why anyone would assume a player wouldn’t declare for the draft a year early when she’s eligible to do so. I was merely pointing out the possibility of this happening with Walker for those who didn’t realize she could do that.

Reaction Score
It's a possibility. But I doubt either one would leave without their degree. I don't believe any player has left UCONN early without a degree.

Now next year, Westbrook should have her degree, but still have a year of eligibility left. But I don't see her using it. I imagine she'll leave with Walker.
I really hope we get a season to watch Westbrook play for UCONN. The pros will be leary of a high pick for her, without seeing her again perform ( post surgeries ) at a high level. Her best days at Tennessee were a long time ago. But I agree that she will never stay for a second year of eligibility at Storrs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was never confused. The only thing about this topic that confuses me is why anyone would assume a player wouldn’t declare for the draft a year early when she’s eligible to do so. I was merely pointing out the possibility of this happening with Walker for those who didn’t realize she could do that.
Well as explained, it's never happened before at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get a season to watch Westbrook play for UCONN. The pros will be leary of a high pick for her, without seeing her again perform ( post surgeries ) at a high level. Her best days at Tennessee were a long time ago. But I agree that she will never stay for a second year of eligibility at Storrs.

I can’t see Westbrook being on anybody’s WNBA radar. She needs to pump up her value by having a good season. A good season is what Walker is having now.

Reaction Score
Well as explained, it's never happened before at UCONN.
There is also the issue of grading from college. The WNBA doesn't make instant multi-millionaires of the players. And many will benefit from that degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom