Megan Walker's Stats (Part 1) | The Boneyard

Megan Walker's Stats (Part 1)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So examine these stats and the Part 2 stats and fell me why she is the best high school player in the USA.
upload_2017-4-6_17-30-28.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are you implying that those are NOT NPOY numbers?

Her team was undefeated this year and beat some nationally ranked teams. They finished #10. Monacan had only one loss in the prior season, and they won 3 straight Virginia championships.

Meg put up about 26 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 steals, despite playing only 16-20 minutes in some games. She also was routinely double- and triple-teamed. She scored her team's last 15 points in their 1-point championship victory.

Meg has excelled in USA Basketball, including "playing up."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
EDD told me she was the best. Game recognize game!
View attachment 21518
She gave her the trophy. She is not going to turn around and bad mouth her to you. :) I'm not saying she is not the best, Geno has obviously seen something. Just statistically outside of points and decent rebounds nothing really stood out. It surprised me. That's all.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She gave her the trophy. She is not going to turn around and bad mouth her to you. :) I'm not saying she is not the best, Geno has obviously seen something. Just statistically outside of points and decent rebounds nothing really stood out. It surprised me. That's all.
Megan sub-par numbers specifically shooting percentages and A/TO at both HS and in USA basketball competitions were debated here long before she decided to become a Husky. No need to revisit it now because she is a Husky and will improve because she will have the guidance of the most capable coaching staff available. HS Megan probably didn't know what a bad shot was or have a more capable teammate. At UCONN she will quickly be taught the former and the latter will be plentiful.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
HS play is so inconsistent in terms of competition that stats are pretty meaningless as a comparison tool. Not sure what her AAU stats are, but generally everybody who has watched her play over the last 4 years has raved about her and ranked her at the top of her class. So while I am wary of HS evaluations in general, she is the consensus #1 pick and more importantly, she is the Uconn coaching staff's #1 selection.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan sub-par numbers specifically shooting percentages and A/TO at both HS and in USA basketball competitions were debated here long before she decided to become a Husky. No need to revisit it now because she is a Husky and will improve because she will have the guidance of the most capable coaching staff available. HS Megan probably didn't know what a bad shot was or have a more capable teammate. At UConn she will quickly be taught the former and the latter will be plentiful.
Meg's A/TO ratio suffers mostly because of a lack of assists. She is THE finisher on her teams.

I look forward to seeing Meg, Andi, and Mikayla in the Jordan Brand Classic. And for the next 4 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Destiny Littlejohn broke Charde's California career scoring record. In the McD's game, she looked like an out-of-shape chucker.

Victoria Vivians scored over 5,000 points in high school, but would anyone here choose her over Gabby, Pheesa, or Lou?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom