Megan Walker

Rank Per ESPN
6-1 HEIGHT - WING
5* - scout grade 98
1 OVERALL RANK
1 POSITION RANK

ESPN PLAYER EVALUATIONS
Nike Nationals
-July 2016: Smooth shooting guard consistently manufactures and delivers off the dribble; superb in transition, court awareness; the complete package
Boo Williams Invitational-April 2016: Athletic perimeter performer attacks rim, finishes plays, brings results; manufactures, mid-range game producer, delivers under pressure
John Lucas 40/40-September 2015: Versatile on the perimeter, manufactures and delivers off the dribble; reads the defense, finishes under pressure; makes plays on both ends of the floor
North Tartan Summer Jam-June 2015: Elite perimeter prospect with smooth floor game, manufactures, elevates on jumper to the arc; great hands, catches, finishes in traffic; competes on both ends of the floor; impact prospect at next level

AWARDS
· Gatorade National Player-of-the-Year in 2017.
· McDonald's All-American Team selection in 2017.
· member USA U18 National Team in 2016.
· Virginia Gatorade Player-of-the-Year in 2016.
· VHSL 1st-team 4A All-State in 2016.
· Virginia 4A Player-of-the-Year in 2015.

PROSPECTS NATION
6-1 HEIGHT – WING
5* - 1 OVERALL RANK

The Megan Walker blog: Here's why I chose Connecticut...
The Megan Walker blog: Here's why I chose Connecticut...
check out the video

“… I finally decided to go to UConn. It was really hard. It was right there, neck-and-neck between Texas and UConn. It was the toughest decision I’ve ever had to make.”

“The final say was, ‘what school will put me in the best position for life after basketball?’”

“I’m not just gonna hope that I’ll show up and start. But I’m going to work hard to start, but I don’t expect anything to be given to me. I’m a freshman all over again, and I know how that goes.”

Nation's top-ranked prospect Megan Walker commits to Huskies
Top-ranked prospect Walker commits to UConn

“When Megan Walker thinks of her next school, the first word that comes to mind is "championships."”

“"It's a winning program," she said. "I'll be able to accomplish all my dreams."”

“she's especially excited to play alongside Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams”

“she's excited to play for Geno Auriemma.”

"He develops the best players," said Walker, who averaged 21.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.1 steals and 1.9 assists as a junior at Monacan. "I'm hoping to learn a lot from him."

“Walker is the fourth No. 1 prospect in the past seven years to choose UConn.”

"We're two-time state champs," she said. "We're trying to make that three-time state champs." It all goes back to the championships.

MAXPREPS
upload_2017-4-6_17-26-55.png

“I am a shooter in case you did not notice.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Choosing between UConn and Texas: “The final say was, ‘what school will put me in the best position for life after basketball?’”

Well, that about says it all about Geno as a teaching of life's lessons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom