Megan Walker Waived by Phoenix, Picked Up by Atlanta Dream | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Waived by Phoenix, Picked Up by Atlanta Dream

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Could be her last shot. Hope she runs with it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg was limited by Covid her first season. I was disappointed by how she did in Phoenix in her second season. She needs to shoot better (as she did her junior year at UConn) and play better. Atlanta dies not have a great roster, so Meg may make it, but she needs to work and play very hard.

Reaction Score
And who knows having another really talented senior like her perhaps it would have been enough to put us over the top last season. Certainly wouldn't have hurt.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda.
Not a swipe at you Hoopsfan22:D
A healthy Megan would have helped, I agree.
But who knows.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is she playing in Europe in the off-season?
For some reason, Megan and another US player seemingly left her European club without permission.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Megan was an excellent college basketball player. But she strikes me as something of a “tweener” when it comes to the pros. She essentially played the 4 spot for UConn. At 6’1”, Megan was somewhat undersized at the 4. Her effectiveness in college had to do with her combination of strength, athleticism and ability to step out and knock down 3’s.

In the pros Megan can’t get away with playing the 4, and she’s not a guard. That leaves her at wing. The W is loaded with talented wings who can shoot, attack the basket and defend. Megan can be one of those wings, but she really has to establish herself soon or her window of opportunity will close.

Reaction Score
Well a pro sports career is a tough business, but Megan can always fall back on her UConn degree if a career in basketball doesn't work out. Lesson of the day: stay in school kids.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well a pro sports career is a tough business, but Megan can always fall back on her UConn degree if a career in basketball doesn't work out. Lesson of the day: stay in school kids.
I know Megan was continuing to work on her degree requirements after leaving UConn a year early. Do we know if she has done so yet?

Reaction Score
The hoopgurlz 2017 ratings are a cautionary tale for those who think ratings in high school are meaningful predictors of college success.

Reaction Score
Megan had a lot to work on as her game goes (she was in college, an average defender, bad passer, really good shooter from 3, good athlete but not exceptional one,, average handles) and one more year in college would have helped her and would have put her into a very weak draft in which she could have been probably in a better position to succeed. Big question is, how would have presence impact Paige and would Paige have the season she had if a senior such as Megan would have been on the team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Megan had a lot to work on as her game goes (she was in college, an average defender, bad passer, really good shooter from 3, good athlete but not exceptional one,, average handles) and one more year in college would have helped her and would have put her into a very weak draft in which she could have been probably in a better position to succeed. Big question is, how would have presence impact Paige and would Paige have the season she had if a senior such as Megan would have been on the team.
If Megan was still playing, I think Paige would have increased her assists but ppg would have been less. And I doubt she would have had as singular a game as the SC game which might have been a big deciding factor for being NPOY On the other hand, she might have tipped the scales for NC. Interesting speculation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom