Meg | The Boneyard

Meg

Reaction Score
Wish I could say that sounds like good news, but...

“I haven’t really thought about it,” she said. “I’m just trying to continue to play and focus on this year’s team. I think that I’ve made a nice jump this year.”

I'm sure some delusional Boneyarders will construe this somehow as her 'promise" to stay, but "I haven't really thought about it" sounds like evasive mumbo-jumbo to me. OTOH, wouldn't it be the first time a UCONN player left for the WNBA without her degree?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Something else that we tend to overlook. Megan is very intelligent and she’s a good student. I strongly suspect getting her degree is a very important goal for her. I would be shocked if she pulls the plug on her college career as a junior.

Reaction Score

“I haven’t really thought about it,” she said. “I’m just trying to continue to play and focus on this year’s team. I think that I’ve made a nice jump this year.”

I'm sure some delusional Boneyarders will construe this somehow as her 'promise" to stay, but "I haven't really thought about it" sounds like evasive mumbo-jumbo to me. OTOH, wouldn't it be the first time a UCONN player left for the WNBA without her degree?

there have been some that left before getting their degree and have come back to get it. I don’t recall any players leaving after 3 years though. Tuck was there for 4 years. Z had 4 years of college.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

No, I believe DT left and later returned to get her degree. OTOH we have no idea where Megan stands relative to getting her degree.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Meg maintains her current level of play (First team AA ?) which is not a given as the OOC schedule gets harder, more teams will focus on her etc, I think she is definitely a first round pick and she should think hard about it. Not an easy decision.

Some other factors I think would be

1) First 6 pick vs 7-12 pick of round 1
2) Desire to play on a super team (with close friend Evina) especially if the current team does not make at least the final 4

Unlike Azure who many felt the reason she left early was that she did not feel central to the team, Meg is not in that situation ans would be the undisputed leader. Of course, being picked 6 and having the reputation as a skilled 6' 6" player did not hurt

I suppose Meg's game translates pretty well to the WNBA as a SF with her outside shot more than good enough but I think she could still improve on defense and her handle and would benefit with another year to be sure

Point is it is a very hard decision imho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
not sure what else she could have said..................if she pledges to stay and then her circumstances change she's labelled a liar, if she admits she's seriously thinking about going pro that will become the focus of her season which could effect her play and that of the team............

Reaction Score
If Meg maintains her current level of play (First team AA ?) which is not a given as the OOC schedule gets harder, more teams will focus on her etc, I think she is definitely a first round pick and she should think hard about it. Not an easy decision.

Some other factors I think would be

1) First 6 pick vs 7-12 pick of round 1
2) Desire to play on a super team (with close friend Evina) especially if the current team does not make at least the final 4

Unlike Azure who many felt the reason she left early was that she did not feel central to the team, Meg is not in that situation ans would be the undisputed leader. Of course, being picked 6 and having the reputation as a skilled 6' 6" player did not hurt

I suppose Meg's game translates pretty well to the WNBA as a SF with her outside shot more than good enough but I think she could still improve on defense and her handle and would benefit with another year to be sure

Point is it is a very hard decision imho.
Who are the many that felt that way about Z?! That is ridiculous speculation, and also “severely beating a dead horse”.

Reaction Score
There was no mention of remaining eligibility in @j66kicker post. Stop trying to move the goal post.

Understood. But the discussion was about Meg leaving early, and the comparison was made to DT leaving without a degree. Not moving a goalpost, but noting how the two situations are not similar. Think that’s fair. Sorry if you feel I’m doing something more.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who are the many that felt that way about Z?! That is ridiculous speculation, and also “severely beating a dead horse”.

There were enough people who thought her use in the FF was a factor (ironic I actually was not one of them). However, you are right. The Azure issue is not important to the main point so I will edit it out.

Reaction Score
There was no mention of remaining eligibility in @j66kicker post. Stop trying to move the goal post.
Understood. But the discussion was about Meg leaving early, and the comparison was made to DT leaving without a degree. Not moving a goalpost, but noting how the two situations are not similar. Think that’s fair. Sorry if you feel I’m doing something more.
To clarify, my intent was, “leaving after 3 years of eligibility without a degree.” I should have been more explicit.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

I would give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that when she said "I haven't really thought about it.", she meant she hadn't really thought about it. She is about a third of the way through her junior season and has all that to work through.

Reaction Score
There were enough people who thought her use in the FF was a factor (ironic I actually was not one of them). However, you are right. The Azure issue is not important to the main point so I will edit it out.
Very mature reaction, which is most appreciated. If you had said “I felt”, I wouldn’t have had a negative reaction. We are always better off stating our own opinions in this forum, n’est-ce-pas?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom