Meet UConn basketball grad assistant who landed coaching job at Manhattan: 'Still can’t believe it' (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

Meet UConn basketball grad assistant who landed coaching job at Manhattan: 'Still can’t believe it' (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score

Gifted access <<

-> Lynch has the unique experience of having worked with and/or played for two of the more colorful coaches in Connecticut history. Hurley is more the twisted mind type, Gallagher the extreme optimist. Both are uniquely entertaining.

“Hurley is, by far, one of the greatest coaches I’ve ever been around,” Lynch said. “The one thing I enjoyed is how he was able to get the best out of each one of the guys, especially his best players. And the way he coaches his players is the same way he coaches his staff. And then Gal is a high energy guy. I’ve been around him, I’ve played for him. It’s definitely a different dynamic because of our relationship, but it’s also no different because he’s going to push you to the limit. And just like Coach Hurley, they both do an amazing job of showing you they care about you on and off the court.” <-

Reaction Score
One of my friends from college was an AHC at Manhattan from 2014-2017ish and is now at a P5. Definitely room to make a career out of this if he works hard. Best of luck!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great commentary on our entire coaching staff. Let's see if this young man bears fruit in world of coaching as well. This unity of coaches translated so well in bringing about the unity of the team whose run through the tournament was an epic steamroller. Still reflecting on that and hoping the synergy continues for years to come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom