Meet the Newcomers: Kwintin Williams | The Boneyard

Meet the Newcomers: Kwintin Williams

Reaction Score
Nothing about how he was commited to oregon? Did that even happen?

Reaction Score
Nothing about how he was commited to oregon? Did that even happen?

I mentioned it on another thread as well, but fairly certain that's a myth. It came from when he committed to us, Evan Daniels tweeted that he was a former Oregon commit, but there's no evidence of it anywhere else. Think it was just a mistake on his part.

Reaction Score
I mentioned it on another thread as well, but fairly certain that's a myth. It came from when he committed to us, Evan Daniels tweeted that he was a former Oregon commit, but there's no evidence of it anywhere else. Think it was just a mistake on his part.

3 rising high school basketball stars, 3 platforms, 1 destination

Brown is on scholarship with Planet Athlete, rooming with his best friend, 6-6 silky smooth wing Kwintin Williams. Both have been offered a scholarship by Oregon and would like to be a package deal for a college.

Williams Receiving Strong Interest From Oregon

Recently, Williams received a visit from a member of University of Oregon's staff. Oregon has been recruiting Williams for several years, and have just been waiting to see if he would qualify academically. Williams is hopeful that an offer could come soon.

UConn lands Junior College commitment from Kwintin Williams

Williams originally committed to Oregon coming out of high school but was forced into the JuCo ranks due to academic issues.

High-Flying JUCO Forward Kwintin Williams on Pitt's Radar

Williams was originally destined to play for the University of Oregon until he was held back by academics.

Reaction Score
3 rising high school basketball stars, 3 platforms, 1 destination

Brown is on scholarship with Planet Athlete, rooming with his best friend, 6-6 silky smooth wing Kwintin Williams. Both have been offered a scholarship by Oregon and would like to be a package deal for a college.

Williams Receiving Strong Interest From Oregon

Recently, Williams received a visit from a member of University of Oregon's staff. Oregon has been recruiting Williams for several years, and have just been waiting to see if he would qualify academically. Williams is hopeful that an offer could come soon.

UConn lands Junior College commitment from Kwintin Williams

Williams originally committed to Oregon coming out of high school but was forced into the JuCo ranks due to academic issues.

High-Flying JUCO Forward Kwintin Williams on Pitt's Radar

Williams was originally destined to play for the University of Oregon until he was held back by academics.

Ok...obviously there seems like there was interest but none of these articles have him ever committing to Oregon. If it happened. there would be plenty of articles out there about the commitment.

Regardless, pumped to have him.

Reaction Score
This guy is committed in every sense of the word and you can't do anything but wish him the best. No visit just a commitment on faith? He believes in ollie and the program and he knows this is his last chance to make a name for himself in basketball. I'm excited to see how he does! Not to mention at 23 he is literally a man amongst boys physically that should play into thing immediately.

Reaction Score
This guy is committed in every sense of the word and you can't do anything but wish him the best. No visit just a commitment on faith? He believes in ollie and the program and he knows this is his last chance to make a name for himself in basketball. I'm excited to see how he does! Not to mention at 23 he is literally a man amongst boys physically that should play into thing immediately.

Huh

Reaction Score
Very smart on his part not to play last year and focus on his grades, to both get his eligibility and keep that extra year for the back end.
I think he's the kind of player that helps your program on and off the court. Big brother type.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Very smart on his part not to play last year and focus on his grades, to both get his eligibility and keep that extra year for the back end.
I think he's the kind of player that helps your program on and off the court. Big brother type.

If he stays all 3 years he’ll be 26 when he graduates so yeah he will be a much bigger brother lol

Reaction Score
I kind of like that there's some mystery around the kid. seems like he's had a hard life. hopefully a great story in the making. the fact that he's come this far says a lot about him.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
they said he's 23... so in three years he would be 26... unless I'm just that tired

That’s what I assumed as well...

Reaction Score
they said he's 23... so in three years he would be 26... unless I'm just that tired
Birthday is 8/26/17, so would theoretically only be 25 if he graduated in May. Semantics really. Dude is old enough to have graduated in the class of 16, but good for him for making it to this part despite a troublesome academic past.

Reaction Score
"I'm going to have to show something other than dunking," said Williams, who has three years of eligibility. "You've got to be a player, can't just be a dunker. There is no such thing. Rebounding, transition, defense. Cut off fastbreaks, put a stoppage in the lane, get big, put my arms out wide, especially. Any floaters, any layups, I try to get every one of them."

Chief will approve. ;)

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
With the caveat that I'm generally wrong, I think this kid is going to be a very pleasant surprise. Freakish athletic ability and a relentless motor can take you a long way.

See Dennis Rodman.

Reaction Score
Birthday is 8/26/17, so would theoretically only be 25 if he graduated in May. Semantics really. Dude is old enough to have graduated in the class of 16, but good for him for making it to this part despite a troublesome academic past.
25? That's not old.
20040210ap_pitt_krauserreaxPJ_230.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom