Meet Punter Justin Wain | The Boneyard

Meet Punter Justin Wain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another telling statement. Any wonder why the team could not function under PP should be pretty clear by now.

“It’s a lot different than it used to be,” Wain said. “For me, it was always just myself and the special teams’ coach, that’s the only one who really knew me. The other coaches did know who I was, but now we all have a relationship with everybody. It’s nice, definitely more energetic and we are happier around each other.”

Reaction Score
What a difference! I'm huge on the importance of the punter and kicker. Marginal or inconsistent ones can bury your team. Good ones are like gold. IMHO, other than a great QB, a great place kicker is the next most important offensive player.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Another gem...

“He’s really knowledgeable in punting,” Wain expressed. “He’s been able to help me out a lot. It’s nice to have someone here that can correct things if I hit a bad punt one time and can say change this or that. It usually gives me a different result, so it’s nice to have him here.”

I keep saying that we can't underestimate the ineptitude of PP/GDL but my God, I think I've underestimated it myself!

Reaction Score
7e5d155973baeb0e43099d90e5f96dc2.jpg

Reaction Score
This country song lyric echoes the PP/GDL run at UConn:

"It was good at the beginning....but it was better at the end."

Reaction Score
What a difference! I'm huge on the importance of the punter and kicker. Marginal or inconsistent ones can bury your team. Good ones are like gold. IMHO, other than a great QB, a great place kicker is the next most important offensive player.

We beat USF in Tampa our only time and got to the Fiesta Bowl almost entirely because Wagner and Teggart each had a career game.

Reaction Score
Balis!!!!

He will be huge part of our success this year.

Added Wain: "Distance and hang time can go hand-in-hand but hang time is the key. If I can keep the ball up there and make them fair-catch it, that's great. With the power that I've gotten from the weight room, it's allowed me to kick some decent punts."

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Again the strength and conditioning program put in place by the New regime has helped improve the team

Reaction Score
PP was not a bad human just incompetent at the job. GDL, on the other hand, was both incompetent and a human cancer. From various snippets in the past, I get the impression he was just a mean, nasty de-motivating guy. The more we hear, the more it pisses me off, and Warde should not have allowed that situation to fester for the good of the kids. I'm so glad they are history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom