OT- Medical story ? Brain bleeds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Medical story ? Brain bleeds

temery

What?
Reaction Score
AMA is officially off the aspirin a day recommendation unless it is for a specific symptom.

Anecdotally, about 3-5 years ago when I went in for an annual check up and put down low dose aspirin as an OTC I take, the Doc said stop. She said more and more literature was showing little to no benefit and plenty of long-term side effects.

New heart-disease prevention guideline: What physicians must know

As I understand it, the recommendation was only for those who had had a heart attack, and were at high risk. I don't believe this has changed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a relative with bleeding on the brain after a fall. The recovery was remarkable after they drained out all the blood. I still get a kick out of the doctor explaining the upcoming procedure:
"We drill two holes in his skull"
"Why two holes?"
"You know when you open a can of Hawaiian Punch...?

Reaction Score
Awesome news! He's out of ICU and they're going to do rehab for a week or so. He was renting an apartment for a few months in Florida and is asking the docs if he'll be cleared to fly back to Jersey in 2 weeks. Everyone says he's cracking jokes left and right like his old self. Not great mobility in the hands but they're swollen and they think that's why.

There was a priest on hand ready to give him last rights on Saturday or Sunday. We went from the realization he was going to the other side to thinking he would have severe brain damage to this....It really does feel like a miracle and he's already joking about his Jesus like resurrection over Easter weekend. Feeling blessed, thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom