Medical emergency forces Rayonte Brown to switch from UConn football lineman to tight end (Arruda @ Courant) | The Boneyard

Medical emergency forces Rayonte Brown to switch from UConn football lineman to tight end (Arruda @ Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> The recovery process took months. Brown was able to return to campus in the summer, only then he was almost 100 pounds lighter. Listed at 291 pounds on the 2021 roster, he weighed in around 195 following the health scare – a weight he hadn’t seen since middle school…

…Brown has since built himself up to 245 pounds, and made his first start at tight end since his early high school years against Syracuse on Saturday. <-

-> “It was a good moment,” Brown said of when he learned he’d be starting. “Back then, after all of the surgeries and all, I didn’t think I would be able to get back on the field again in that capacity. Just being able to step back on that field again was a really good moment.”

He spent most of the game as an extension of the offensive line, utilizing the blocking skills he developed before the health issues. Brown is listed as the second-string tight end for the Huskies’ upcoming game at Michigan and will likely play a similar role.

“This guy is an NFL offensive tackle in my opinion,” Mora said, “he will grow back into that over time.” <-

Reaction Score
I was wondering where Rayonte had gone as he was a big dude at backup OT last year. Thought it was one of those lower leg injury issues. Glad to hear he is able to get on the field and make a contribution. One day at a time Rayonte. Keep leaning forward!

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the replay and don't recall but was there any time that UConn used 6 OL and Brown in a formation?

Reaction Score
Well, that borders on insane, wishing continued good health to RB.

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting the video up medic. These players obviously give a damn and RB is ready to go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom