Media outrage | The Boneyard

Media outrage

Reaction Score
???????????Could not read the whole article. ???
I must be confused, stupid or both. ..
Everyone at the Academy is on a scholarship or am I old and misinformed ?. ...
An appointment is accepted or did they pull the appointment ?

Reaction Score
???????????Could not read the whole article. ???
I must be confused, stupid or both. ..
Everyone at the Academy is on a scholarship or am I old and misinformed ?. ...
An appointment is accepted or did they pull the appointment ?
I imagine there is no appointment if not wanted by the football team? Otherwise he may not qualify through normal channels.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Wait for it, wait, wait .....

A kid gets offer withdrawn weekend before NLI Day by a service academy and .... crickets.

Paul Finebaum? You there?
Edelman? I didn't see anything in Forbes.
Washington Post? You still out marching?

Football: Cedar Creek's Watson stunned by Army withdraw

Alabama pulled a scholarship from the #115 player in the country today (Jerez Parks). Kid has to now greyshirt because they took a higher ranked DE.

Reaction Score
I imagine there is no appointment if not wanted by the football team? Otherwise he may not qualify through normal channels.
Thanks for the clarification Sky ball.
Thinking it might have worked the other way at Academy i.e. acceptance first.

Reaction Score
Alabama pulled a scholarship from the #115 player in the country today (Jerez Parks). Kid has to now greyshirt because they took a higher ranked DE.

Is it too late to contact him and offer a scholarship?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Is it too late to contact him and offer a scholarship?

No. He was not allowed to sign the papers for Bama. He was at the table to do his announcement, and had to tell the crowd to leave because he cannot sign. I feel terrible for the kid. Can't believe he would even consider Greyshirting at Bama after this. Their Dodge Charger game must really be on point.

Reaction Score
No. He was not allowed to sign the papers for Bama. He was at the table to do his announcement, and had to tell the crowd to leave because he cannot sign. I feel terrible for the kid. Can't believe he would even consider Greyshirting at Bama after this. Their Dodge Charger game must really be on point.

watch/listen to Feinbaum mercilessly attack Saban .......

Reaction Score
watch/listen to Feinbaum mercilessly attack Saban ..

I don't have twitter, has anyone gone ahead and blasted this off to the journalists that lambasted REv2 and UCONN as of yet? This was on signing day for goodness sake, has to add some outrage one would think...

Reaction Score

Could one of the usual BY suspects please alert the UConn caching staff of his availability?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Could one of the usual BY suspects please alert the UConn caching staff of his availability?

The dude turned down an Auburn offer to greyshirt at Bama. No chance. As I said, the Charger is already leased, and this probably got him the heated leather seats.

Reaction Score
Re Jerez Parks, it looks like he was going to do the hat game. He hadn't made his decision and when he told 'Bama it was going to be them they said there was no more room for this year (thus the gray shirt). If that's what happened, then I don't think 'Bama did anything wrong. With all of these kids loving the big announcements about where they are taking their talent on signing day, it must be tough on the top schools to keep a spot opened and not lose out on a 4* kid while waiting for a different 4* kid to stroke his ego.

Reaction Score
I don't have twitter, has anyone gone ahead and blasted this off to the journalists that lambasted REv2 and UCONN as of yet? This was on signing day for goodness sake, has to add some outrage one would think...
Yes..I sent a tweet to Scott Stump, Marcus Spears and Paul Finebaum. Stump and Spears got back to me..Finebaum doesn't engage on twitter.

Reaction Score
Re Jerez Parks, it looks like he was going to do the hat game. He hadn't made his decision and when he told 'Bama it was going to be them they said there was no more room for this year (thus the gray shirt). If that's what happened, then I don't think 'Bama did anything wrong. With all of these kids loving the big announcements about where they are taking their talent on signing day, it must be tough on the top schools to keep a spot opened and not lose out on a 4* kid while waiting for a different 4* kid to stroke his ego.
System is broken.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Then there's this.

Murchison was set to choose between Ole Miss and Georgia at 9 a.m. today [Wednesday]. He was committed to Ole Miss but saw late potential in an academic and athletic opportunity at Georgia.

That now seems like an example of how things can quickly change in college recruiting.

When reached, a Louisburg College team source indicated the scholarship offer had been pulled at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday nigh
t.

Source indicates Georgia pulled the offer from 3-star DT Larrell Murchison

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just they way I'm thinking but Greenburg, Finebaum and most of the people that have been outspoken against HCRE are from ESPN. It feels as if our own ESPN, with all of their tax breaks are really trying to stick it to us. First, they pony up for the B12 to not expand and all of the negative outrage over withdrawing a scholarship when it's a common occurence. What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just they way I'm thinking but Greenburg, Finebaum and most of the people that have been outspoken against HCRE are from ESPN. It feels as if our own ESPN, with all of their tax breaks are really trying to stick it to us. First, they pony up for the B12 to not expand and all of the negative outrage over withdrawing a scholarship when it's a common occurence. What am I missing?
You're not missing a thing. As mentioned in the original thread about Dickens (i think that is his last name) a squirrel ran by and the medias attention is diverted to the next thing. The "story" on pulling cholarships ran its course. They don't give 2 rats arses about pulled scholarship, they were speaking to the emotion of the immediate audience in a moment and feigning outrage and disgust. What drove that media outrage had more to do with it being a slow news day, the kids family and coach went public on social media, and the the sheep-like talking heads ran with it. Now they've got other things to talk about... the super bowl, world politics (Supreme Court judges, Attorney Generals, Travel bans, etc...). It was more about timing than the actual act. Timing has been pretty unfair to UConn football it appears. We are good when no one is expanding, we suck when everyone is expanding, BB had APR issues when ACC is expanding....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're not missing a thing. As mentioned in the original thread about Dickens (i think that is his last name) a squirrel ran by and the medias attention is diverted to the next thing. The "story" on pulling cholarships ran its course. They don't give 2 rats arses about pulled scholarship, they were speaking to the emotion of the immediate audience in a moment and feigning outrage and disgust. What drove that media outrage had more to do with it being a slow news day, the kids family and coach went public on social media, and the the sheep-like talking heads ran with it. Now they've got other things to talk about... the super bowl, world politics (Supreme Court judges, Attorney Generals, Travel bans, etc...). It was more about timing than the actual act. Timing has been pretty unfair to UConn football it appears. We are good when no one is expanding, we suck when everyone is expanding, BB had APR issues when ACC is expanding....

Ive said a few times now, especially as it relates to CR, that we are the kings of terrible timing. We picked the worst possible 5 year stretch to have a BAD 5 year stretch. Things may have been very different if we could have had just 1 or 2 good years accidentally thrown in there.

Reaction Score
Ive said a few times now, especially as it relates to CR, that we are the kings of terrible timing. We picked the worst possible 5 year stretch to have a BAD 5 year stretch. Things may have been very different if we could have had just 1 or 2 good years accidentally thrown in there.
Or if CR came after the 2011 Season.

Reaction Score
Timing doesn't explain or excuse a consistent double standard on so many issues. Most of the people that participated in the last media fake outrage won't utter 2 squeaks about what transpired this past week. All mentions I've heard were just in the mode of storytelling not harsh judgement. That makes them frauds.

Reaction Score
Or if we had won the Vandy, Western Michigan or Iowa State games in Pasaualoni's first year. All 3 were winnable and going 2-1 over those 3 completely changes our narrative.

Reaction Score
Or if we had won the Vandy, Western Michigan or Iowa State games in Pasaualoni's first year. All 3 were winnable and going 2-1 over those 3 completely changes our narrative.
Yes but the energy vampire might be still here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom