Meanwhile in Turkey... | The Boneyard

Meanwhile in Turkey...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
While the WNBA season is starting some major names were finishing up the Turkish playoffs.

Yakin Dogu ( Kayla McBride, Courtney Vandersloot) defeated Fenerbahce (Candace Parker, Jantel Lavender, Allie Quigley, Sandrine Gruda) 76-75 in the decisive 5th game of the series.

I thought folks here might be interested by the results in one of Europe's top leagues, especially given the major WNBA presence. Also, I wanted to post this because KMac and Sloot are two of my absolute favorites and they balled out!

McBride - 21 pts, 3 ast
Vandersloot - 17 pts, 6 reb, 14 ast

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Fenerbahce is a pretty big scalp to take.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
That's a HUGE upset... Fener fans have gotta be very upset.

Club sports are the backbone of all European clubs and Fenerbahce is one of two very wealthy Istanbul clubs. Their fan base is very large and supportive. There has to be lots of fingerpointing right now...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
While the WNBA season is starting some major names were finishing up the Turkish playoffs.

Yakin Dogu ( Kayla McBride, Courtney Vandersloot) defeated Fenerbahce (Candace Parker, Jantel Lavender, Allie Quigley, Sandrine Gruda) 76-75 in the decisive 5th game of the series.

I thought folks here might be interested by the results in one of Europe's top leagues, especially given the major WNBA presence. Also, I wanted to post this because KMac and Sloot are two of my absolute favorites and they balled out!

McBride - 21 pts, 3 ast
Vandersloot - 17 pts, 6 reb, 14 ast

...and the beat (dribble?) continues on: KMac got off a plane ride back to the States, put on her Stars uniform and promptly played against Brittany and Diana and the rest of the Mercury. The Stars lost, but KMac shot better than 50% in racking up 14 points, to go along with center Isabelle Harrison's 16 points. Sure GM Ruth Riley is thankful to have one of her backcourt standouts back and can't wait for MoJeff and Plum to join KMac. Hopefully the jet lag will wear off soon!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was just perusing the Vols sight. No mention of the missed free throws.

You're a teacher :oops: In North Carolina :oops::oops::oops:

ohnopuppy.jpg

;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69