OT: Meanwhile, in other ridiculous news.... | The Boneyard

OT: Meanwhile, in other ridiculous news....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know, I love to watch,follow, and read about Uconn women's basketball and this site has provided me with so much enjoyment/entertainment over the years! One thing, however, that never ceases to amaze me is the number of snarky,prim,and condescending rejoinders on this board to even the most common sensicle statements. Perhaps I am simply out-of-touch and a thirteen year old really has had enough life experience to justify writing a "memoir".Maybe that's what this country really needs to put us back on the right track. I'm reasonably sure I will be told by someone that I too don't have to read these "snarky" comments that offend me so. That, of course, is true. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the idea for this "memoir" did not originate from the vastly experienced mind of Mo'Ne Davis but rather from someone close to her who sees an opportunity to make some money! Oh dear! In reading over my diatribe I find several instances where I myself have been "snarky and condescending"! In the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Never mind"!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You know, I love to watch,follow, and read about Uconn women's basketball and this site has provided me with so much enjoyment/entertainment over the years! One thing, however, that never ceases to amaze me is the number of snarky,prim,and condescending rejoinders on this board to even the most common sensicle statements. Perhaps I am simply out-of-touch and a thirteen year old really has had enough life experience to justify writing a "memoir".Maybe that's what this country really needs to put us back on the right track. I'm reasonably sure I will be told by someone that I too don't have to read these "snarky" comments that offend me so. That, of course, is true. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the idea for this "memoir" did not originate from the vastly experienced mind of Mo'Ne Davis but rather from someone close to her who sees an opportunity to make some money! Oh dear! In reading over my diatribe I find several instances where I myself have been "snarky and condescending"! In the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Never mind"!

It's simply Meyers living up to his moniker "Smarty Pants". And you are right, likely this is not her idea but someone else's wanting to cash in on her fame. I think that speaks louder than any comment in this thread actually.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It's simply Meyers living up to his moniker "Smarty Pants". And you are right, likely this is not her idea but someone else's wanting to cash in on her fame.
Ya think? :)

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
You are forgetting that pre-teens and younger teens are super consumers. Mo doesn't need what we call an eventful life to have a mass
following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger