Meals for Healthcare Workers Suggestion - OT | The Boneyard

Meals for Healthcare Workers Suggestion - OT

C

Chief00

It’s been a difficult time for so many both health wise and financially. My 25 year old niece (works at Sloan Kettering) and her roommate (works at Cornell Medical Center), bravely go to work each day in NYC. It made me think of what we could do locally for our healthcare workers and saw this. Red Fox Restaurant has fed the hospital workers at Middlesex Hospital and will be feeding Hartford and UConn COVID-19 teams next week. If you are still working, it would be great if you could donate a few bucks. Call 860-807-3385 to donate

I have attached a letter to show it’s legit and how thankful these workers, who are sacrificing everything, are for a nice meal.
Thanks, Chief
FD9FCCCF-5F5F-44D8-8914-DD983321D8FB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Somewhat related, I wished the grocery stores had a tip cup for us to donate extra cash to their low paid employees 'on the front line'.

C

Chief00

Somewhat related, I wished the grocery stores had a tip cup for us to donate extra cash to their low paid employees 'on the front line'.

Agreed, when Chief thought about what my niece is doing every day and how so often people of our generation criticize millennials for being snowflakes, I thought it was time I stepped up, if only in a relatively much smaller way.

C

Chief00

Just talked to the owner of Red Fox - he is thrilled $400 for UConn Health - The Boneyard shines again - thank you.
Bad times bring out the best in good people.
God bless everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Why not create a gofundme or other online way to donate?
I suggested that but this is what they are comfortable with - great, fresh food but not high tech.

Reaction Score
Utmost respect for the people on the front lines and medical workers.

side story... friend who owns a restaurant said this past week a healthcare worker called to place an order and asked if they were doing any specials for healthcare workers. My friend said they would give a discount and help out as much as they could just place order and he would work with them. The woman said you aren’t going to give it to me for free other places are. My friend then said well that’s great but are you going to pay the food costs and the 2 chefs in the back and the woman hung up. Some people are trying to take advantage of their positions right now

Reaction Score
Utmost respect for the people on the front lines and medical workers.

side story... friend who owns a restaurant said this past week a healthcare worker called to place an order and asked if they were doing any specials for healthcare workers. My friend said they would give a discount and help out as much as they could just place order and he would work with them. The woman said you aren’t going to give it to me for free other places are. My friend then said well that’s great but are you going to pay the food costs and the 2 chefs in the back and the woman hung up. Some people are trying to take advantage of their positions right now

Probably wasn't even a healthcare worker.

C

Chief00

If you plan on donating a meal to hospital staff, also consider the night staff. My girlfriend is an rn at hartford who works 7pm-7am on a covid icu and she hasn't gotten any of the generosity.
They did do different shifts at Middlesex but to
my knowledge just had one meal planned at Hartford and UConn at this time. I hope people continue to donate to this and other efforts, so more can be done. All shifts are deserving and the healthcare workers are risking their lives to save others - they can’t be more deserving of whatever small thing we can do to show respect and appreciation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom