MD - Penn State | The Boneyard

MD - Penn State

Reaction Score
This was close for just over 31 minutes! Several lead changes. Penn State led by 2 with 8:49 remaining, but then ran completely out of gas and MD scored the last 18 points of the game. During that span, Penn State had 6 fouls, 6 turnovers, 5 missed 3's, 5 missed 2's and 2 missed FT's.

Reaction Score
This was close for just over 31 minutes! Several lead changes. Penn State led by 2 with 8:49 remaining, but then ran completely out of gas and MD scored the last 18 points of the game. During that span, Penn State had 6 fouls, 6 turnovers, 5 missed 3's, 5 missed 2's and 2 missed FT's.
That's what I saw following the game on ESPN Gamecast/play by play... but in the other thread about the 3 big games in BIG tonight, TerpWomenFan says PSU had success for 3 quarters with "faster guards"...then MD made adjustment and won the game. Would have expected those "adjustments" to take place at half time, if not sooner??? but apparently, it took over 3 quarters for Brenda to figure out the problem???? Or did PSU just collapse in Q4? :confused:

Reaction Score
Sheesh, this is her 3rd school. Has she played a lick of basketball yet??
Yes. She played in 34 games (started in almost all of them) in her 1 1/2 seasons at Penn State. I believe she has one year of eligibility left which she will use next season. She's in the same class as KLS and Collier.

Reaction Score
Brenda has eliminated from this season's schedule every team that could be expected to defeat the Terps. No UConn, no ND, no anybody. This is a great way to pad stats and make it appear that Maryland is a top team. But, truth be told, it's all an illusion. If Brenda really wanted to know what she's got, she has to girl-up and actually play somebody. Embarrassing.
Maryland Terrapins Women's Basketball 2018-19 Schedule - Terrapins Home and Away - ESPN

Reaction Score
Mikesell isn't a true PG, she is a great SG

I thought Lewis was running the point?

Talent is far from Marylands problems, they have plenty of it. I like Austin and Mikesell a lot.

Reaction Score
Austin is a lock for Big Ten freshman of the year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Austin is a lock for Big Ten freshman of the year.
She's certainly the front-runner, but she had an off game vs. Penn State last night: 5 points and 3 turnovers in only 18 minutes (she did have 11 rebounds though). We'll see if this proves to be anomaly.

I think for NFOY it'll between Austin, Rhyne Howard and Christyn Williams.

Reaction Score
She's certainly the front-runner, but she had an off game vs. Penn State last night: 5 points and 3 turnovers in only 18 minutes (she did have 11 rebounds though). We'll see if this proves to be anomaly.

Austin, Williams and Howard have been amazing this season. All are just stat sheet fillers in every which way.

Howard had an off day today shooting, couldn't buy a bucket to save her life but did have 15 rebounds.

Austin was 2-3 yesterday, she didn't shoot but she did rebound and play some very good defense. She is much more mobile than I really thought having watched her this season. She has all the tools to be a dominant big in college basketball. Looking forward to watching her grow.

Austin, Mikesell, and Charles are a tremendous trio. Maryland has a good team but I wonder how having a much softer schedule will impact them as they play more physical and talented teams much later down the road. I respect that they went down to South Carolina to play but outside of that they really haven't played anyone at all, its been atrocious. Even if they run the table in the big, I think they will get a #2 seed at most. That might even be nice but it depends on other teams as well

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

There! I fixed your typo for you...:D

Reaction Score
Brenda has eliminated from this season's schedule every team that could be expected to defeat the Terps. No UConn, no ND, no anybody. This is a great way to pad stats and make it appear that Maryland is a top team. But, truth be told, it's all an illusion. If Brenda really wanted to know what she's got, she has to girl-up and actually play somebody. Embarrassing.
Maryland Terrapins Women's Basketball 2018-19 Schedule - Terrapins Home and Away - ESPN
Well I bet she didn’t see Rutgers knocking them off today.

Reaction Score
Austin was 2-3 yesterday, she didn't shoot but she did rebound and play some very good defense. She is much more mobile than I really thought having watched her this season. She has all the tools to be a dominant big in college basketball. Looking forward to watching her grow.

Frese said if Austin isn’t the #1 pick in her draft year, then she failed her job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom