McMurphy | The Boneyard

McMurphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am coming to the conclusion that McMurphy's ONLY SOURCE is ESPN's business side. Why would anyone else talk to him? If you work at Oklahoma, for example, anything you tell McMurphy could be used against you in the next Tier 3 negotiation or in the next round of TV negotiations. And since ESPN has a publicly stated position on this round of expansion, there is absolutely no reason for any of the Big 12 members or corporate offices to speak to McMurphy, because they have to assume whatever he finds out will be relayed directly to ESPN's programming officers, with attribution.

Basically, McMurphy is by far the best source of information on ESPN programming's position, and not much else.

Reaction Score
159.gif

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am coming to the conclusion that McMurphy's ONLY SOURCE is ESPN's business side. Why would anyone else talk to him? If you work at Oklahoma, for example, anything you tell McMurphy could be used against you in the next Tier 3 negotiation or in the next round of TV negotiations. And since ESPN has a publicly stated position on this round of expansion, there is absolutely no reason for any of the Big 12 members or corporate offices to speak to McMurphy, because they have to assume whatever he finds out will be relayed directly to ESPN's programming officers, with attribution.

Basically, McMurphy is by far the best source of information on ESPN programming's position, and not much else.

Oh my goodness gracious - really? You just coming to this conclusion now 5 years into this process and a million posts later?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oh my goodness gracious - really? You just coming to this conclusion now 5 years into this process and a million posts later?

Everyone knew that McMurphy got most of his information from ESPN corporate, but I think the fact that ESPN corporate is now his ONLY source is probably a relatively recent development. McMurphy gets very defensive when accused on Twitter of being a shill of ESPN corporate, which validates the accusation that McMurphy is a shill for ESPN corporate.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew that McMurphy got most of his information from ESPN corporate, but I think the fact that ESPN corporate is now his ONLY source is probably a relatively recent development. McMurphy gets very defensive when accused on Twitter of being a shill of ESPN corporate, which validates the accusation that McMurphy is a shill for ESPN corporate.

So by that logic admitting he was a shill for ESPN corporate makes him NOT a shill for ESPN corporate, or it makes him a shill for ESPN corporate no matter which way he reacts.

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the scene of the mob talking about hanging the witch is meant to be satire -- not Carrolian logic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So by that logic admitting he was a shill for ESPN corporate makes him NOT a shill for ESPN corporate, or it makes him a shill for ESPN corporate no matter which way he reacts.

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the scene of the mob talking about hanging the witch is meant to be satire -- not Carrolian logic.

She was a witch.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

People are saying you're in favor of leniency for witches. I'm just asking questions, what you do with witches in your personal home life is your business.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Thank you, McLovin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads