McMurphy: "strong support" to change bowl eligibility to 7 wins | The Boneyard

McMurphy: "strong support" to change bowl eligibility to 7 wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They can barely get enough bowl teams with 6 wins.....I hardly doubt they'll go to 7

Reaction Score
Not sure what this means - nmost years you need 6 win teams just to fill out bowls. Does this mean a 7-5 MAC team goes ahead of a 6-6 SEC team?

Is winning 7 games really that difficult? If we are going to act like a big boy, and demand we be treated like a BCS team are we really going to advocate "protecting" our young men by scheduling Fordham on an annual basis rather than a BCS team?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It means somewhere around 8-12 bowl games would be gone.

Reaction Score
This may be certain for bowl eligibility, but to get to a BCS game, strength of schedule will be key, so the whole cupcake schedule would work against that thought process.

Reaction Score
Well at least the article mentions that possibly all teams could have the extra practice time bowl eligable or not

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guess who would lose their bowl tie-ins?

I don't think this happens with a 9-game conference schedule. You'd need to go 3-0 OOC and 4-5 in conference.

Plus, doesn't ESPN run a quarter of the non-BCS bowls?

I think this was put out there as a threat to stop the ridiculous ticket policies for these games.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
This idea sux.. For the true college football fan... Seems like they're trying to make college football like college basketball ( creating a play off system... akin to the field of now 68 in collge bball ) ... Sux... Keep the bowl games... It keeps the excitement alive for a school's followers... Gives them something else to look forward to once the regular season is over if that at least finish with 6 wins ( and at or over a .500 record )...

Reaction Score
Not sure what this means - nmost years you need 6 win teams just to fill out bowls. Does this mean a 7-5 MAC team goes ahead of a 6-6 SEC team?

Is winning 7 games really that difficult? If we are going to act like a big boy, and demand we be treated like a BCS team are we really going to advocate "protecting" our young men by scheduling Fordham on an annual basis rather than a BCS team?

We'll see. UConn plays Maryland & NC State next season. Let's see if they can improve on their record against ACC teams not named Duke. Then maybe we'll know.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You might as we call this the grumpy old man rule. "Back in my day bowls use to me something! Now get off my lawn!!" *shakes fist*

Just let the kids play. It's just silly.

Reaction Score
I would be all for getting rid of some of the bowls and making the bowls mean something, and I am far from a grumpy old man. If we want to celebrate mediocrity (6-6) that is kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom