Mcentee Is Going To Get Himself Killed... | The Boneyard

Mcentee Is Going To Get Himself Killed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
out there... He can't read blitzes well at all... Nice guy but he seriously shouldn't be running our offense...

OUR D has looked great today by the way...

Reaction Score
Geesh Moe Petrus! btw that 2nd personal foul against him was a lousy call... he barely fell on the kid when u look at the replay....

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Geesh Moe Petrus! btw that 2nd personal foul against him was a lousy call... he barely fell on the kid when u look at the replay....

I agree, thought both calls were questionable. He was legitimitely going for a solo tackle, not piling on.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This is the most pathetic offense I have ever seen

And that is saying something given what we saw with Bones and running the show.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I really thought anyone would be an upgrade over Frazer. Guess not.

Not sure McCummings is the answer either. He had a rep for having problems holding onto the ball and we have seen those issues in the limited amount we have seen him play.

At this point, PP really needs to roll the dice on Nebrich. If for nothing else he can know for sure if the kid can be effective. He really hasn't been given much of a chance in game situations. This is a great opportunity. Tie score..D Line shouldnt be able to tee off on him.

But...we know the truth. McEntee will start..and struggle...and Nebrich will wear a ballcap on the sidelines.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
This is a really bad game to watch. ugh! it's Bad that I'm not surprised Coach P is leaving J-Smack in the game #QBFAIL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These players either need more time to learn the system or they are not skilled enough to do the plays. I expect it is the latter. There is a reason that Nebrich is not playing. I think we are trying to get water out of stone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just heard Arnold Dean on the radio. His voice sounds different from what I recall.

Reaction Score

Not sure McCummings is the answer either. He had a rep for having problems holding onto the ball and we have seen those issues in the limited amount we have seen him play.

At this point, PP really needs to roll the dice on Nebrich. If for nothing else he can know for sure if the kid can be effective. He really hasn't been given much of a chance in game situations. This is a great opportunity. Tie score..D Line shouldnt be able to tee off on him.

But...we know the truth. McCummings will start..and struggle...and Nebrich will wear a ballcap on the sidelines.

As of now I'm off the McEntee bandwagon. In an offense where the line and backs can protect better, or if he could read the defense, or feel the pressure, or check off effectively, or not throw while jumping backwards, or improve his mobility - any of those two issues being different then maybe yes he's the guy. But as of now I don't see it and while he's certainly the best true passer it doesn't translate on game day.

I would also like to see Nebrich because of the turnovers and the inconsistency that McCummings has shown so far. To me the guy with the most upside is Nebrich and he's not going to get much better watching from the sidelines. Time to give him the next 3 games and see how it plays out. But if you're going to pull JM then better give McCummings the ball for the second half in this one. It's not fair to throw the kid in there cold.

Reaction Score

But...we know the truth. McCummings will start..and struggle...and Nebrich will wear a ballcap on the sidelines.

Scott McCummings had plenty to do with todays' win. Our offense clearly benefits from a mobile QB and one that can throw, and reacts under pressure. I agree with you, Nebrich is the answer with McCumming assuming his current role and pkgs. Johny Mac needs to ride the bench and wear the headset, before he really gets hurt! He just cannot handle himself under pressure, much less successfully lead this Div 1 BCS level offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom