McDonald's All-Americans per college team. | The Boneyard

McDonald's All-Americans per college team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was curious about this for a while. I found a site that listed the number of MA-M per team.
Since 1990, Duke & NC lead with 44 each. Kansas & Kentucky follow with 29 and 27.
UCONN was about 107h on the list with 9 MA-M.

Championships in that era? Duke: 4, NC, UCONN, & KY: 3 Kansas: 1

If you were to only count back 20 years, you would subtract 2 championships from Duke and one from NC.
UCONN & KY :3, Duke & NC: 2, KS: 1

When you look at putting players in the NBA, we are right up there with the "premium" programs. In short, we do more with less and develop good players into NBA players

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was curious about this for a while. I found a site that listed the number of MA-M per team.
Since 1990, Duke & NC lead with 44 each. Kansas & Kentucky follow with 29 and 27.
UCONN was about 107h on the list with 9 MA-M.

Championships in that era? Duke: 4, NC, UCONN, & KY: 3 Kansas: 1

If you were to only count back 20 years, you would subtract 2 championships from Duke and one from NC.
UCONN & KY :3, Duke & NC: 2, KS: 1

When you look at putting players in the NBA, we are right up there with the "premium" programs. In short, we do more with less and develop good players into NBA players

hence, we are NBA-U

we put the most players into the league, as opposed to being a short term stepping stone

Reaction Score
Also shows we scout potential masterfully. Our program makes the players, the players don't make our program.

In other words UConn is the brand, not the Wiggins, Walls, Barnes, etc..

No player is bigger than 'UConn'! Notice how Ollie kept Bazz in check after his Florida masterpiece. Thank goodness Calhoun insisted he be replaced with family, one who gets it.

Reaction Score
We have been able to do it with less mcd's and now we try to do it from a lesser league. Seems like the hill keeps getting higher.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have been able to do it with less mcd's and now we try to do it from a lesser league. Seems like the hill keeps getting higher.

Fortunately, that never stops us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01