McD AA and USC commit Aaliyah Gayles gunshot victim at Las Vegas party | The Boneyard

McD AA and USC commit Aaliyah Gayles gunshot victim at Las Vegas party

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Horrible. From the diagnosis clearly projected, she'll have a full recovery from this. But what a terribly frightening time for this young woman. To dedicate your life to a goal of great positivity and have it potentially ruined in a few brief seconds is so devastating. I wish nothing but the best for this young woman; I hope she somehow goes on to be one of the all time greats at USC. Nevertheless as Steven A. Smith has said numerous times in relation to these occurrences, which happens far more frequently in men's BB, "Nothing good happens (at these kinds of get togethers) after 12 am". Hopefully this will be an indelible object lesson in the minds of all athletes, women and men, from now on. Your fragile future is more important than any party or any part of hook up culture.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh, geez, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Update: There is a GoFundMe for her. She was shot ten times and underwent surgery on Sunday and will have another operation on Monday.

Oh dear heavens..............10???? I seriously hope people come forward so the person(s) responsible are held accountable.

Reaction Score
Oh dear heavens..............10???? I seriously hope people come forward so the person(s) responsible are held accountable.
Shot ten times?????????????????

That doesn't sound random. Sounds like the shooter was after her,

So glad to hear the surgery was successful.

Reaction Score

She wasn't the only one shot multiple times. You never know when gangs are involved especially when a crowd is sprayed with random gunfire at a party. It says she was shot ten times in the legs and ankles. I'd have to imagine there will be a decent amount of recovery time involved.

Reaction Score

Yes especially seeing as though the shooter shot her 8 times in the leg and twice in the ankles they were trying to end her career purposely.

Reaction Score
She wasn't the only one shot multiple times. You never know when gangs are involved especially when a crowd is sprayed with random gunfire at a party. It says she was shot ten times in the legs and ankles. I'd have to imagine there will be a decent amount of recovery time involved.
Her mom said she was shot eight times in the legs and once in both arms. She'll be in a wheelchair for two months and will have to relearn how to walk.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Legs and ankle wounds. Have to wonder if that's going to have long term effects on her mobility? What a shame.

Reaction Score
Update: There is a GoFundMe for her. She was shot ten times and underwent surgery on Sunday and will have another operation on Monday.

Wow! 10 times!? I am just glad that Ms Gayles is still with us and hoping that there is a lot of support for her and the GoFundMe helps out.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Has anyone been arrested? Has there been any reporting on how and why this happened. Kind of horrifying how common this is becoming.

Reaction Score
While I do not know this young lady, I do know the level of dedication and effort it took for her to get to the point she was at in respect to basketball. I have no doubt she will recover, however all her hard work and dedication she has put in was wiped out by a single stupid act. As to the causes for our social degression, I have words. However, if I started I would not know where or when to stop and the change of focus for this thread would be disrespectful to this young lady's present condition and compassion would be replaced by anger.

Reaction Score
Gayles was released from the hospital today and was released to physical therapy. She currently has no feeling in her legs and no suspect has been arrested. Here is her first interview since the shooting. What does she want? She doesn't want anyone to cry for her because she didn't cry.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Gayles was released from the hospital today and was released to physical therapy. She currently has no feeling in her legs and no suspect has been arrested. Here is her first interview since the shooting. What does she want? She doesn't want anyone to cry for her because she didn't cry.

Wow, we can all learn something from this young woman. She's a week out from a life-changing event that could potentially derail her dreams and she's doing nothing but counting her blessings. I'm rooting for her.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the updates. What an inspiring and mature young lady. Her statement was just powerful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom