McConaughey | The Boneyard

McConaughey

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Man is this guy on a roll. Anyone see Mud? Just caught it this weekend, I really enjoyed it. Too many movies treat young teens as caricatures, not people. The kids in this movie were great.

Reaction Score
Also doing a very nice job in the new HBO series True Detective w/ Woody Harrelson. It's starting out slow plot-wise, with a lot of focus on their two very different characters, but the showrunners say things will pick up quickly. Limited 12-episode series.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Man is this guy on a roll. Anyone see Mud? Just caught it this weekend, I really enjoyed it. Too many movies treat young teens as caricatures, not people. The kids in this movie were great.

It was a very good movie - one of my favorites from last year.

Hard as hell to see in the theater though - waited for it to hit the art house around here and it just never did.

Reaction Score
Also doing a very nice job in the new HBO series True Detective w/ Woody Harrelson. It's starting out slow plot-wise, with a lot of focus on their two very different characters, but the showrunners say things will pick up quickly. Limited 12-episode series.
True Decective will be 8 episodes. It has to finish so that Game of Thrones can take over it's time slot in March.

Reaction Score

MUD was very underrated I agree, well done my MM……...

Reaction Score
True Decective will be 8 episodes. It has to finish so that Game of Thrones can take over it's time slot in March.
Thanks for the correction. Really like True Detective; love GoT

Reaction Score
Just saw Mud last night night. Liked it alot. Yes the kid was great.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's only eight episodes and if it comes back next year, it will be with an entirely different cast.

The Harrelson/McConaughey arc wraps up this season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Question for those who saw Mud: What did you think about the ending? Did they have to show that last part or did you feel you needed the closure? Seemed a bit tacked on, like it was based on audience previews.

Reaction Score
Yeah Waq I agree with GOUC, liked that ending………..usually I don't but in this case A+

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah Waq I agree with GOUC, liked that ending………..usually I don't but in this case A+

I liked it as well. It's just that there was a moment where I thought we would never know.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I almost feel like the vague ending is the cliche these days - at some point, you're not leaving something for the audience to decide, you're just following the herd.

I liked the ending.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Liked Mud. Also MM did a great job in Dallas Buyers Club. Even his little part in Wolf of Wall Street was good. Kinda left his Rom-Com's behind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom