McCombs' TD Run | The Boneyard

McCombs' TD Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to admit, after a lot of withering criticism towards McCombs about being unable to break tackles, lacking field vision, breakaway speed, that run was really, really impressive. He made cuts, he saw the field incredibly well, he looked dynamic and in control and he earned the heck out of that touchdown even without breakaway speed. Was very excited for him and disappointed he didn't get a W, cause he certainly did enough to contribute.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
A terrific run. One of the few truly exciting highlights in what has otherwise been a dismal season so far. If the season were to end today, that would be the highlight tape -- McCombs running for a touchdown, then the same play from a different angle, then from another angle and so on.

It's like an end-of-the season highlight video for the NY Mets in the early 1960s -- Choo Choo Coleman hitting a home run, the same home run as seen from the left field stands, etc. Based on those old videos, you would have thought the Mets had won the 1962, 1963 and 1964 World Series.

Now, if we can get our act together and actually win the AAC this year, doing so will genuinely be worthy of a highlight reel.

Reaction Score
McCombs has limitations that keep him from being a great TB. The only thing that keeps him from being a good TB is competent blocking.

And its amazing we have to keep having this discussion, because when he had good blocking he played at an all-conference level.

Reaction Score
Exactly right. He is very quick and needs a little crease to make hay. He's not fast and hardly ever sheds a tackler. What was absolutely amazing to me is how we ran the ball versus what we did the first part of this season. It was simply night and day and I can only conclude that GDL and P havea severe crack addiction.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom