McCombs as PR/KR | The Boneyard

McCombs as PR/KR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is exhibit number one about how Weist isnt' ready to be a HC. Makes no sense on a multitude of levels. He is not a threat to run one back, and he has very questionable decision making ability on when to return or down kicks. Hey another TD by UCF get to see McCombs again.

Reaction Score
It is exhibit number one about how Weist isnt' ready to be a HC. Makes no sense on a multitude of levels. He is not a threat to run one back, and he has very questionable decision making ability on when to return or down kicks. Hey another TD by UCF get to see McCombs again.

He returns kicks like he's still playing HS ball .... smh.. and our defense just wet the bed with the lack of tackling.. time for a benching.. if we're gonna suck might as well give the 2nd and 3rd stringers a shot...

Reaction Score
I can't stand Lyle "spit and push" McCombs running style. He jumps from side to side constantly.

Reaction Score
Stick Kivon Taylor back there. He is burried behind the rest of these QB phenoms but we need his speed out there.

Reaction Score
I laughed my ass off when McCombs signaled Foxx to stay in the end zone after a handful of returns where he couldn't even get to the 20. Yeah, good call chief.

Reaction Score
I laughed my ass off when McCombs signaled Foxx to stay in the end zone after a handful of returns where he couldn't even get to the 20. Yeah, good call chief.

Did you like when he caught one and did some kind of jive spin and then took a knee? He looked like a fool. I think it was in the 2nd quarter.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yes, that was silly. Spinning like a doofus and taking a knee

He also has cement shoes on kickoffs. Plus he is likely to get killed by gunners and all the times he will be back there in 60 point games

Reaction Score
If you are looking for a leader then start Cochran. That kids father instilled discipline and the heart of lion in him. Jack Cochran is controversial but apparently he knows how to raise a kid. Casey is a good QB with an Ivy League head on his shoulders. If we need a leader, and I'm not saying we do, I'd start Cochran.

Reaction Score
As a rule I normally hate getting down on individual players, these are kids still, and they all make mistakes... Granted. BUT, I 100% agree with you Carl, this team has ZERO leaders on it, and it shows every game. Who is the "leader" of this team? Its not really TJ, can't be Whitmer anymore, and its certainly not a true freshmen in Boyle. Yawin- no. McCoombs- no. So who, who has stepped up as the leader on this 2013 Husky squad. Its pathetic and makes me sick to watch this team crumble like this... 0-7, WTF!?! We had such high expectations for this team. I can't wait until the seasons over and we can finally name a new staff and head man here. This is a "re-building year" for UConn.

I don't have a problem calling out individual player when they deserve it, and I"ve had enough of Lyle McCombs - that no player on this team, grabbed him by his facemask and threatened to kick is tail, and pointed at the scoreboard when he was flexing his arms, after being run down from behind with a clear run and a big head start to the endzone......that's not his fault.....clearly, nobody on the roster has stepped up to be the leader that should have been in McCombs face to kick his butt.....for showboating........but instead - players are congratulating him.........but it is the fault of the entire program leadership that there is no discipline.

George O'Leary - late in teh game, had a player commit a PI. He immediately yanked the player, and disciplined him. McCombs did one of his bullshiiite tumbles into the endzone a while back, while we are a losing team, and when we are down on the scoreboard. He didn't start the next series. Whoopdee doo.

I had to pay for my education. These are scholarship players. There is no heart, no discipline, no will to win. And Lyle McCombs flexing his arms on that play sums up the entire season. I have had enough of him, and the attitude of this 2013 team.

These guys, all of them, for the rest of the season - are putting up film now, that's either going to keep their division 1 scholarships at UCONN, or have them gone. ANd it's stuff like that, like I'm discussion right here, that's going to matter.

Reaction Score
...and for those of you that might respond......to what I've written...."yeah, let's see you say that to their faces...."

You better believe I'd say it to their faces. They're going to hear it non-stop at the remaining 3 home games until they start playing like a team that wants to win.

Bill Parcells - was a master motivator and understanding of the football player mind. He extensively talked about what he called the "hidden quitter".

These are players, that give every outward appearance that they care about winning and doing well, but they are really only concerned with themselves and not the team.

McCombs is on the list, and he's not the only one. There is plenty of film to demonstrate it for a lot of players, and they all better be concerned about their scholarships.

That's it for today. I'm taking a break from writing here for awhile. Peace out fellas. See you other diehards at the Louisville game.

Reaction Score
McCombs is one of the worst KO returners I have seen in college football. It takes him forever to get north-south and when he does he doesn't have the speed or acceleration to get anywhere.

Reaction Score
I am not mad at McCombs for playing with energy and some cockiness. That is completely appropriate.

It's the coaches fault they put him in on KO returns when he clearly has no aptitude for it.

Reaction Score
I actually agree Pal. I think he's trying to generate some emotion for his team. He strikes me as a very courageous kid and he has some talent. That said, there were many on this board touting him as an NFL quality back during his freshman year and he is about as far away from that kind of talent as UCONN has had for a starting RB. He doesn't even sniff the field if he came in here prior to 2008.

Reaction Score
Since the buffalo game, there has been putrid effort from this team. USF coaching change brought out some enthusiasm but that vanished pretty quickly. This program needs an absolute ass kicker to come in here and send a few of these guys packing if they no longer have the passion to go all out.

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding LM's running style, I don't understand any coach using the #1 running back as a kick returner. Injuries alone would concern me. I can't recall seeing a lot of other programs doing that. So we have no other talent that can step up to the task? That thought troubles me the most.

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding LM's running style, I don't understand any coach using the #1 running back as a kick returner. Injuries alone would concern me. I can't recall seeing a lot of other programs doing that. So we have no other talent that can step up to the task? That thought troubles me the most.

We did it with Jordan Todman, so that's not an issue to me.. but the issue I have is if you're clearly NOT productive at KR/PR you shouldn't be doing it.

Reaction Score
We did it with Jordan Todman, so that's not an issue to me.. but the issue I have is if you're clearly NOT productive at KR/PR you shouldn't be doing it.

You're right about Todman. I forgot. Must have been out in the sun too long at UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom