MBB student ticket lottery opens September 20th | The Boneyard

MBB student ticket lottery opens September 20th

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure I remember hearing that last year they did not sell out Gampel tickets for first time in forever. Will be interested to see what happens this year. My son is a freshman and will put his name in the hat for them. It is disappointing when the tickets sell out but then many never show up.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure I remember hearing that last year they did not sell out Gampel tickets for first time in forever. Will be interested to see what happens this year. My son is a freshman and will put his name in the hat for them. It is disappointing when the tickets sell out but then many never show up.

I guess there is renewed interest in the program.

My daughter, a freshman, got shut out of the lottery along with her roommate and four of her friends.

There's an email coming out today with information about further ticket availability, so she's staked out with her laptop and credit card waiting for it to come through.

Reaction Score

My daughter, a freshman, got shut out of the lottery along with her roommate and four of her friends.

There's an email coming out today with information about further ticket availability, so she's staked out with her laptop and credit card waiting for it to come through.
I hope the enthusiasm is infectious with the non-student fans also.

Reaction Score
I didn't win any of my four years, my freshman year the extra tickets sold out in like half an hour while my senior year I bought them in the morning

Reaction Score

Didn’t like this because she got shut out (I never won them during my time there, so I get the frustration). I liked it because I’m happy that there is buzz around the team with the students

Reaction Score
I didn't win any of my four years, my freshman year the extra tickets sold out in like half an hour while my senior year I bought them in the morning

I never got picked either, but we found every person who didn't care about hoops and asked them to put their name in for us. We never went without.

Reaction Score
My son got another kid to get the XL tickets for him (they can get a companion one to XL). But yeah he is going to try to get other Gampel tix tonight. The thing I don't get is that for at least the last 5 years if not longer, the student sections are NEVER close to being filled save for maybe 1 or 2 games. So kids just buy them and not go - cool.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I hope the enthusiasm is infectious with the non-student fans also.
It's not, the season ticket sales this year are awful. I estimate around 50% of the upper bowl in Gamble is open (based off of the ticket website), then the XL is even worse

Reaction Score
My daughter got her email around 7:00 PM last night to say she had a window to buy starting at 10:00 PM. Some of her other friends who got shut out in Round 1 did NOT get this email, so it looks like Round 2 was also a lottery. She was really psyched that she was able to get tickets. $95 for all men's games and $28 for all women's games. What a steal!

Reaction Score
Do away with the lottery. Let them sell student tickets on a first come first serve basis, that way we will know who the real student fans are. I absolutely hate selling tickets to people who luck out by lottery. It wouldn't kill them to open up Gampel and let them wait in line inside for ticket sales. Just sayin.

I remember waiting in line for NIT tickets back in the early 70's. They let us wait overnight in the Fieldhouse corridors before ticket went on sale and it wouldn't kill them to bring this practice back.

Reaction Score
It's not, the season ticket sales this year are awful. I estimate around 50% of the upper bowl in Gamble is open (based off of the ticket website), then the XL is even worse

Not saying you’re wrong, but relying on the seat map to try and estimate tickets sold is not a good idea

Reaction Score

This info might make @UofCT2009 ’s head explode

Reaction Score
Do away with the lottery. Let them sell student tickets on a first come first serve basis, that way we will know who the real student fans are. I absolutely hate selling tickets to people who luck out by lottery. It wouldn't kill them to open up Gampel and let them wait in line inside for ticket sales. Just sayin.

I remember waiting in line for NIT tickets back in the early 70's. They let us wait overnight in the Fieldhouse corridors before ticket went on sale and it wouldn't kill them to bring this practice back.

Agree. I was one of the biggest fans on campus and only won the lottery once. So many kids buy only to sell for twice the price. I paid $200 for men’s Gampel tickets for the 2014-15 season. They costed $50....

Reaction Score
What’s weird is I haven’t seen anyone sell them this year. On the buy or sell UConn Facebook page there hasn’t been any put up. Last couple of years there was dozens of posts with students selling.

Reaction Score
What’s weird is I haven’t seen anyone sell them this year. On the buy or sell UConn Facebook page there hasn’t been any put up. Last couple of years there was dozens of posts with students selling.

I know they don’t have them in hand yet...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom