Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
My guess is that if he is taken in the first 10 rounds he won't be coming back

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Not likely. What more does he have to prove? I don't think he would move up much more even with a better year. He is what he is...a 3rd - 4th round guy.

Plus he will probably get more this year as a 3rd or 4th round guy than next year as a 2nd round guy even if he did move up. Juniors have some leverage to get a better deal in the threat that they will go back to school for their senior year and then the MLB team loses their rights to them. Seniors get much less money in their first contract because they have no negotiating leverage to use. That is why it is rare to see a drafted Junior come back to school.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Not likely. What more does he have to prove? I don't think he would move up much more even with a better year. He is what he is...a 3rd - 4th round guy.

Plus he will probably get more this year as a 3rd or 4th round guy than next year as a 2nd round guy even if he did move up. Juniors have some leverage to get a better deal in the threat that they will go back to school for their senior year and then the MLB team loses their rights to them. Seniors get much less money in their first contract because they have no negotiating leverage to use. That is why it is rare to see a drafted Junior come back to school.
He's already slid out of the first 5 rounds. If he slides further to say the 11th round then he does have something to gain from coming back and putting up a big year.

I do agree that he more or less is what he is though. He won't magically become a 1st round pick next year but depending how far he falls he could have incentive to come back.

Reaction Score
Part way through 6th round - Only 34 Infielders taken so far w/ only 4 being 2nd basemen.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Part way through 6th round - Only 34 Infielders taken so far w/ only 4 being 2nd basemen.
Don't remember where I saw it (possibly a post here?) but Mazz was listed as the 7th ranked 2B so it could be a while before he is taken.

Reaction Score
2nd pick of round 9 (#280) to to Twins. Only IF they picked so far.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Congrats to LJ. Hopefully he can sign as soon as possible and start getting some professional experience under his belt this season.

Reaction Score
Oberg surprised me the most but he did really well this season after I did some criticism on my part, but I'm eating some nice crow for dinner, good luck Scott!

mets1090

Reaction Score
Oberg surprised me the most but he did really well this season after I did some criticism on my part, but I'm eating some nice crow for dinner, good luck Scott!
If you've seen Oberg pitch, his selection is no surprise at all. His curveball was unhittable this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom