Mazzilli | The Boneyard

Mazzilli

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think he was taken out of the game on Friday in a double switch in the 8th inning but not much was made of it. Connor David pinch hit in the 3 hole (where Mazz was hitting) but the announcer said he was pinch hitting for the pitcher. Sounded odd at the time. Maybe Mazz was DHing the second game and some switch was made that sacrificed the DH, I don't know. But he did not play Sunday and honestly didn't look very good either game on Friday. Maybe he's got a nagging injury. I can't imagine they were just giving him the day off seeing how they didn't play on Saturday.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wow. All that to tell me you don't know? I didn't know you spoke Spackler.

grumpy? while thats a funny post "spoke spackler", take it easy man.

Reaction Score
BL-
The story I heard was he was five minutes late for the game on Sunday and that's why he sat.

Reaction Score
Actually I noticed the same thing in the box score. Spoke with a person who was there and he was a couple minutes late for tarp pull (not the game) and had to sit the rest of game two and all of game three. Apparently there were some very good reasons (don't know details) for him arriving a couple of minutes late but didn't matter. 2 games is a little much for punishment.
Also sounds like there was a great post game feed put on by the parents for the players.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I thought it was too good a line not to use. Sorry if you disagreed.
I thought it was funny but it came off a little curmudgeonly. In a virtual world it can be hard to decipher true meanings without our handy emoticons. For example, slapping this - :eek: - at the end of the post would have made it much more obvious that it was a joke. But then again, where's the fun in that.

mets1090

Reaction Score
If by saying that it came off as curmudgeonly I implied that you were not in fact a curmudgeon, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom