Maybe Uconn wins one more game? | The Boneyard

Maybe Uconn wins one more game?

Reaction Score
I predict 1 but 2 is an outside possibility, but zero is just as likely as 2 IMHO, which is very depressing to say. 3 wins, almost impossible.

@ECU, one would think would be the one win of the bunch BUT Uconn has proven they do not travel well with such a small turn around, especially after a close game, so this is a toss up in my honest opinion. Could be a loss.

@Cincy....Do we even need to talk about this? NEXT

Memphis at home, they smacked Uconn around but perhaps Uconn plays with pride and this could be the other win, but highly doubtful.

Temple at home. Temple smacked Uconn around and if they win the next two (Houston, UCf) Temple will suddenly be playing for something, an automatic bid, and in that case almost for sure nabs the win. I think if Temple goes even 3-1 down the stretch and makes the semis of the AACT, with the way this season has gone, they could have an outside chance at a 12 seed. 4-0 is not impossible to imagine with Houston in Philly too, so a (theoretically) 17-11 Temple team smacks Uconn around again, though maybe they start to decline if they lose to Houston in which case Uconn could somehow keep it close and who knows....

@Houston - Regardless of where Uconn is, unless they have a magical 4 game winning streak in reaching this point, they get trashed in this one by at least 15. Houston is likely getting a ranking if they win on Sunday (and maybe even if they do not) which will further intimidate Uconn.

Lucky if they go 1-1 in the AACT but I see them losing in the first round.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston just beat Cincinnati at home so chalk that one up as a L

Reaction Score
Houston just beat Cincinnati at home so chalk that one up as a L
Ya, I noticed that. Crazy! That is why I said I think Houston could sneak into the rankings, perhaps as #24 or 25 in this mondays ranking, especially if they beat Temple on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I predict we run rough shod through the American tourney an earn the autobid.............................

J/K

Reaction Score
I predict we run rough shod through the American tourney an earn the autobid.........

J/K
That would be amazing! What would Uconn get? A 14 seed? Maybe worse seeing as a .500 Georgia team a number of years back (I think they were 16-16 but entered the SECT 12-16), that did what you described in the SEC, got a 14 seed after winning 4 games in 3 nights (crazy story, probably 2nd best conference tourney run ever)...so maybe in that case Uconn would be a 15 seed. Probably one of the more scary 15 seeds too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Considering our two lottery picks brought diddly dick to the table tonight it’s a miracle this wasn’t another 20 point loss.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So we're looking at back to back losing seasons. How is anyone defending KO again?
Noone really is, but you like to start plausible and then close overly strong, so it's tough to offer a balanced response. I saw the same thing in another thread and resisted replying. Could have said the same thing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was sitting there all night like omg why hasn’t he called a timeout yet somehow the time we really needed one we didn’t have any left. No idea how that happened

Reaction Score
Noone really is, but you like to start plausible and then close overly strong, so it's tough to offer a balanced response. I saw the same thing in another thread and resisted replying. Could have said the same thing.
You've been away I guess...

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I don't care if we lose the rest of our games. Let's just win the AAC tourney, get the auto bid and win the whole damn thing. it...

Reaction Score
Considering our two lottery picks brought diddly dick to the table tonight it’s a miracle this wasn’t another 20 point loss.
Up 12 just before halftime. Just clueless out there. Raid the intramural leagues and stop getting embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I don't care if we lose the rest of our games. Let's just win the AAC tourney, get the auto bid and win the whole damn thing. it...
The notion that UConn is capable of winning 4 games in 4 days is delusional at best...........those days are dust in the wind.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The notion that UConn is capable of winning 4 games in 4 days is delusional at best......those days are dust in the wind.

There is always a chance... even if it's .00000000001%

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Up 12 just before halftime. Just clueless out there. Raid the intramural leagues and stop getting embarrassed.
There's gotta be a soccer player out there that can hit a 3.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry I really don't understand what you're saying here.

Reaction Score
WHO is "defending" KO?

Seriously?

He's had his vociferous defenders even as we've descended again into sub .500 mediocrity. Tougher to find many willing to speak on his behalf now that we've been swept by Tulsa this season, but let's not pretend that I'm making up KO supporters on this board.

Reaction Score
I saw Houston play earlier this year and we certainly can’t physically match up with them. Their win over Cincy is not surprising.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom