Maybe the entire tree is poisoned | The Boneyard

Maybe the entire tree is poisoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe there is a way to tie Diaco as the coach that condone the student manager action. Then he gets a Show Cause whack and the buyout goes away.

That and I think I found some new hair on top of my head growing after 30 years of losing it.

Reaction Score
Wait! Someone made a mistake. They were supposed to sanction the Notre Dame Women's Basketball Team. Didn't they get the memo?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This may be the excuse ND is looking for to can Kelly. When he was given the public vote of confidence a few weeks back it sounded as if it wasn't really what they wanted to do but felt a bit obligated to give him an additional year to do something.

Reaction Score
Yet they get to keep the BCS $$. NCAA really coming down hard on them

Reaction Score
Still waiting on UNC.

Yeah its pretty unreal. They had systemic cheating across multiple sports over many years and barely received a slap on the wrist. Part of the problem with The NCAA controlling the bulk of the revenue from The NCAA Tournament is that they are going to go out of their way not to censure schools that directly make them money. A good UNC Program is good for business.

Reaction Score
Yet they get to keep the BCS $$. NCAA really coming down hard on them

ND discovered this themselves and self reported to NCAA. They immediately held a news conference that was covered live by ESPN in the fall of 2014. It was a lead story on ESPN and other sportscasts. The Chicago Tribune made it the top story on their sports page.

Notre Dame immediately suspended the players involved and after the investigation was completed, some were expelled from school and others lost credit hours and had their GPA lowered. I think ND did everything that the NCAA wished all their member schools would do. Yet they get hammered.

Reaction Score
ND discovered this themselves and self reported to NCAA. They immediately held a news conference that was covered live by ESPN in the fall of 2014. It was a lead story on ESPN and other sportscasts. The Chicago Tribune made it the top story on their sports page.

Notre Dame immediately suspended the players involved and after the investigation was completed, some were expelled from school and others lost credit hours and had their GPA lowered. I think ND did everything that the NCAA wished all their member schools would do. Yet they get hammered.

I think the NCAA would like its member institutions to make sure staff members aren't engaging in academic dishonesty. Vacated wins several years after the fact; while keeping the BCS money is not getting hammered in my opinion. ND did the honorable thing, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be consequences.

Reaction Score

Hammered? They gave up wins in the record book and put themselves on probation in a year they are NOT going to a bowl game. I know that $5,000 fine must really hurt. No lost scholarships, no lost revenue, no ding to the coach in terms of a suspension, but ND got hammered?

You ND guys lack perspective.

PS - how many of those expelled kids were starters?

Reaction Score
ND should be hit hard with scholarship losses - very hard. Vacating games from 2 or 3 years ago is meaningless. Do they players on ND's opponents suddenly break out in celebration because they have now been declared the winner on some long past game.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hammered? They gave up wins in the record book and put themselves on probation in a year they are NOT going to a bowl game. I know that $5,000 fine must really hurt. No lost scholarships, no lost revenue, no ding to the coach in terms of a suspension, but ND got hammered?

You ND guys lack perspective.

PS - how many of those expelled kids were starters?
I wonder if these issues take place at Stanford or Northwestern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom