Maybe Paige needs a pet to help during rehab | The Boneyard

Maybe Paige needs a pet to help during rehab

Reaction Score
I'll gladly let her borrow my two three month old kitties (Bo and Sox).

Bo and Sox.jpg

sun

Reaction Score
I'll gladly let her borrow my two three month old kitties (Bo and Sox).
She would need special medical documentation to be able to have an emotional support animal in campus housing.

"Students who live on campus who request to bring an emotional support animal to campus must have a documented disability and be registered with the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD). "

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She would need special medical documentation to be able to have an emotional support animal in campus housing.

"Students who live on campus who request to bring an emotional support animal to campus must have a documented disability and be registered with the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD). "

Who said anything about an emotional support animal? Maybe the OP was suggesting a plain ol pet...:rolleyes:

sun

Reaction Score
Who said anything about an emotional support animal? Maybe the OP was suggesting a plain ol pet...:rolleyes:
Students are not allowed to simply have a pet in campus housing.
I provided the link that explains the campus pet policy.
Only service animals and emotional support animals are allowed with proper authorization.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I didn’t attend UConn but if I had to bet, I’m guessing the school’s rules don’t permit pets except for emotional support.

That being said, I wonder if anyone during their dorm days recollects someone having a pet onboard?

I went to Clark University - one of the dorms had a cat. IIRC, the cat was essentially a building pet and didn’t belong to a particular student.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Only service animals and emotional support animals are allowed with proper authorization.
Are you sure Paige is living in "Campus" Housing vs an apartment off campus?

sun

Reaction Score
Are you sure Paige is living in "Campus" Housing vs an apartment off campus?
Yes, pretty sure. and other players live with her in a campus apartment including CW and Paith IIRC.
Another player Salyor even mentioned the dorm that she was in when she first arrived and had to be in quarantine.

People need to realize that some folks have medical conditions and allergies that prevent pets from being the norm.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am guessing Paige could bring an alligator onto UConn campus if she wants to. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, pretty sure. and other players live with her in a campus apartment including CW and Paith IIRC.
Another player Salyor even mentioned the dorm that she was in when she first arrived and had to be in quarantine.
People need to realize that some folks have medical conditions and allergies that prevent pets from being the norm.
Why do you think "people" don't realize this? Unless things have changed recently the requirement to live in campus dorm is only for the freshman year. After freshman year the players are allowed to make their own living accommodations within reason. If a few players want to get together and rent a house or an apartment that is perfectly permissible. The university actually cuts them a check each months for living expense for things like paying rent, meal plans etc. This helps the players grow up by being responsible & learning to do things like pay rent and deciding who you want to live with and preparing your own meals etc.

Reaction Score
Could I borrow them?! (kidding!) I had to put my boy down yesterday :(
Really sorry to hear about your boy. That‘s the hardest decision we have to make with our pets. I’m sure you did what was best for your boy.

Reaction Score
I am guessing Paige could bring an alligator onto UConn campus if she wants to. ;)
Living on FL, gators are part of the scenery. As pets they leave something to be desired; their idea of an acceptable lunch is radically different than yours.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I did not know this and I guess if they are not allowed then I would expect that it would have been mentioned in the thread for the few of us that have never lived in campus housing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom