Maybe Ollie can learn from Andy Kennedy | The Boneyard

Maybe Ollie can learn from Andy Kennedy

Reaction Score
Kennedy decides not to delay Ole Miss exit

"It has become readily apparent to me that my continued presence as the head coach is proving detrimental to these players finishing the season in a fashion that is representative of The Standard for this program that has been clearly established and maintained for over a decade," Kennedy said in a statement. "Therefore, I believe it is in everyone's best interest that I exit my role as head coach effective immediately. We all know that 'clean breaks' are always best, and I should have realized this last Monday."

I mean, you know, if this ship is not righted...soon....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh he'll leave, if a case filled with 10 million is waiting outside his office.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kennedy decides not to delay Ole Miss exit

"It has become readily apparent to me that my continued presence as the head coach is proving detrimental to these players finishing the season in a fashion that is representative of The Standard for this program that has been clearly established and maintained for over a decade," Kennedy said in a statement. "Therefore, I believe it is in everyone's best interest that I exit my role as head coach effective immediately. We all know that 'clean breaks' are always best, and I should have realized this last Monday."

I mean, you know, if this ship is not righted...soon....

Hasn't the (fair) complain been made here many times that KO never takes accountability and owns up to his mistakes?

Given that, how likely do you think him pulling a Kennedy actually is?

Reaction Score
Although I have to wonder, why was he not hired after that one respectable year at Cincinnati? He played one of the hardest schedules in the nation and led Cincy to an 8-8 Big east record in their first year there and several top 50 and 100 RPI wins. Was considered by many, with 21 wins to be a snub going into the tourney too and instead had to play in the NIT. But I know they won most of their first 15 games and were ranked mid way through the year, I think 2005-06.

Hasn't the (fair) complain been made here many times that KO never takes accountability and owns up to his mistakes?

Given that, how likely do you think him pulling a Kennedy actually is?
Low, to be honest.

Reaction Score
Please - Kennedy was allowed to resign. Any other assumptions on the matter are fantasies.
Despite what Kennedy would have you believe, SEC Network host Paul Finebaum isn’t buying the former Ole Miss coach’s statements over the last week. During his weekly Monday morning appearance on WJOX 94.5 FM program The Opening Drive, Finebaum said it was clear that Kennedy was fired by his former employer.

Here’s what Finebaum had to say when asked to share his thoughts on the end of Kennedy’s 12-year run in Oxford.

“I read into this that he probably should have stepped down effective immediately a week ago,” Finebaum said. “We all like Andy Kennedy but he was talking out of two sides of his mouth last Monday. He was fired. He was given the opportunity to go out gracefully and unfortunately he didn’t. The last two games were embarrassing, and I don’t really know what happened — whether Andy had it in him to go to his bosses for the second time in a week, in his words, and say ‘this isn’t working.’

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom