Maybe it's the #, maybe the undershirt, even the body | The Boneyard

Maybe it's the #, maybe the undershirt, even the body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
size . . but Gibbs reminds me (a little so far) of . .

lasme_tracks_gordon.jpg

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Agreed.

As well as Gibbs' 3 point shooting in the 1st half (last night), and ability to drive and score buckets.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing last night. Similar size, outside scoring and stoic demeanor.

Reaction Score
Ben was my all time favorite Husky, I think it every time I see Gibbs!!!

Gibbs is such a sharpshooter so great to see. Even great feathery touch on drives.

Reaction Score
Honestly he reminds me of Chauncey Billups. Doesn't do too much. Great defender, great shooter, great body control. Not big in height but definitely a physical specimen (which might have to do with his age but nonetheless), he knows his role in the offense and he's a championship type player! Like Chauncey was.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
100% just watching, he definitely brings me back to Ben, one of my favorite, smoothest athletes at UConn.

But it's definitely his look, the uniform, how he wears it, his size, body type, etc. His actual game isn't that similar, BG was explosive in a smooth way, Gibbs is smooth but not as exceptionally explosive as BG. There's a reason he went #3 overall, every jumper he took he almost hit the ceiling.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
100% just watching, he definitely brings me back to Ben, one of my favorite, smoothest athletes at UConn.

But it's definitely his look, the uniform, how he wears it, his size, body type, etc. His actual game isn't that similar, BG was explosive in a smooth way, Gibbs is smooth but not as exceptionally explosive as BG. There's a reason he went #3 overall, every jumper he took he almost hit the ceiling.
No ones saying he's that good(I think/hope), just that his look and game are similar.

Reaction Score
i'm not sure gibbs is capable of creating separation the way bg did. Bg's crossover was so devastating, kid had powerful legs and change of direction. I will say gibbs looks much bigger than I thought, upper body wise.

Really really love his game, his playstyle does indeed remind me of price a bit, but a bit more pace and scoring prowess. Ill put him up against any guard in the country and thats why i'm excited about uconns upside.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah two totally different classes athletically/explosively but that jersey and the white shirt underneath makes us think of BG4!

I love how soft gibbs touch is around the hoop on drives. He was that zonebuster we were clamoring for. So much fun to watch these two games after we were so bad offensively last year.

Reaction Score
I get that comparison with Gibbs. I would like to mention another one I noticed. I watched the 30-30 The System last night. I remember the hole Loyola thing(I am 44) but was really interesting to see it again. Anyway watching that I realized that Shonn Miller reminds me so much of Hank Gathers. Not trying to disrespect anyone, Hanks story is a sad one. But Shonn is the same height, super cut and athletic like Hank was. Smaller players who play bigger. I could also picture Shonn filling the lane in, "The System" Just thought I would share. Oh and Diana Taurasi makes a few appearances in that documentary since Westhead ran the system with her team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now that we've established SG may have a game similar to BG, do we have an Okafor? If so, then we're all set.
No but Miller reminds me of Donny Marshall in terms of physicality and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom