Maybe a repeat but 1999, 2004, 2011, and 2014 | The Boneyard

Maybe a repeat but 1999, 2004, 2011, and 2014

Reaction Score
Now yes I still have to watch the 1999 KEA game against Duke, and the 2004 Meka game against Duke, but I spent some time watching the 2011 run against San Diego, Zona and Kentucky; and the 2014 run against Iowa, Mich St, Florida and Kentucky. Some complete games, some highlights.

The 2014 run stands out as outstanding! Yes I have to watch those 2 games in 1999 and 2004 and they are special, but from a pure wtf is happening status 2014 wins it all to me. The 2014 win against Florida with Donny Marshall playing color and Swin Cash interviewing is priceless.

ps I remember all games including the 1999 Duke win and 2004 (made a lot of money saying UConn would crush in the final after that close Duke semifinal win), but talk about the momentum games of 2011 and 2014 to reach the mountain - WOW. Hope I have enough wine to take me home.

pss Jeremy Lamb was outstanding, as any true UConn fan knows, but it reinforced my opinion of him to see his run with Kemba. Priceless. DD to a slightly lesser extent in 2014 but not that far behind.

Update - saw extended highlights of the 2004 Uconn victory over Duke. All I can say is Meka is awesome, so glad that I paid $5 for him at center, but Rasheed and Charlie V were also key. Go Huskies. Don't even have to watch the final against GTech cuase I know we would blow them out.

Now to 1999 vs Duke . But I don't have it in me tonight. After 2 bottles of wine and 4+ hours of highlights and games all I can saw is WOW what a grand tradition. So many great players. The $15 challege is real, we have a blue blood srrtoried tradition. And Meka was dominant and awesome.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
2014 stands out for how much of a leap the team made in the postseason. They didn't just win, they dominated once they got past Iowa St.

1999 and 2004 were dominant all season and 2011 was dominant except for a lull during BE play. You knew those teams could beat anyone. 2014 dismantling MSU, FLA, and UK was some transcendent stuff.

Reaction Score
Now yes I still have to watch the 1999 KEA game against Duke, and the 2004 Meka game against Duke, but I spent some time watching the 2011 run against San Diego, Zona and Kentucky; and the 2014 run against Iowa, Mich St, Florida and Kentucky. Some complete games, some highlights.

The 2014 run stands out as outstanding! Yes I have to watch those 2 games in 1999 and 2004 and they are special, but from a pure is happening status 2014 wins it all to me. The 2014 win against Florida with Donny Marshall playing color and Swin Cash interviewing is priceless.

ps I remember all games including the 1999 Duke win and 2004 (made a lot of money saying UConn would crush in the final after that close Duke semifinal win), but talk about the momentum games of 2011 and 2014 to reach the mountain - WOW. Hope I have enough wine to take me home.

pss Jeremy Lamb was outstanding, as any true UConn fan knows, but it reinforced my opinion of him to see his run with Kemba. Priceless. DD to a slightly lesser extent in 2014 but not that far behind.

Update - saw extended highlights of the 2004 Uconn victory over Duke. All I can say is Meka is awesome, so glad that I paid $5 for him at center, but Rasheed and Charlie V were also key. Go Huskies. Don't even have to watch the final against GTech cuase I know we would blow them out.

Now to 1999 vs Duke . But I don't have it in me tonight. After 2 bottles of wine and 4+ hours of highlights and games all I can saw is WOW what a grand tradition. So many great players. The $15 challege is real, we have a blue blood srrtoried tradition. And Meka was dominant and awesome.
If you ever want a full game use this link: uconnhuskygames.com

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
2014 stands out for how much of a leap the team made in the postseason. They didn't just win, they dominated once they got past Iowa St.
Last week I did a jag where I rewatched the last 4 UConn games of the 2014 NCAA's. That team kicked ass. The brackets didn't open for them, they had to beat the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bracket seeds consecutively. And that MSU team they beat was the consensus choice to win the whole thing. The next game they dominated the overall #1 seed. Then they win the final without ever giving up the lead. Their combination of lockdown D, team ball offense and all-time great on-court leadership would make them a tough out for anyone.

Reaction Score
Boat and Bazz were an amazing backcourt in that tournament, on both ends of the court. Too quick, too tough, too clutch for opposing teams. I remember the championship game against UK was the most confident I was in a game all tournament, as insane as that sounds. I knew Boat and Bazz would destroy the Harrison twins; it was such a mismatch and guards win championships in college hoops. I felt as long as James Young didn't get hot and hit 5-6 threes we'd be fine, and sure enough we were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom