Maya's finger-roll 'flip' over Fowles | The Boneyard

Maya's finger-roll 'flip' over Fowles

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
For those without WNBA Live Access, you missed a very entertaing win by Maya and the Lynx over the Sky. You also missed a pretty spectacular shot by Maya in the 2nd quarter.

Maya came in from the right side and drove in on Fowles, who was positioned some distance from the basket (not right underneath). Maya proceeded to elevate BIG TIME, rising up and sort of flipping/rolling the ball up in the air over the defending Fowles, like a long distance finger-roll. The 6'6" Fowles was not planted; she made an attempt to go up and block the shot. She failed, and the ball went in.

Pretty amazing shot, even for Maya. I believe it happened with about 4:00 left in the 2nd quarter. Below is a great action shot of this play in midstream.

:D

[If clicking on the pic below doesn't give you the expanded shot in your browser windown, see this link for a 3X blow-up of the shot. Once the initial photo loads, you must click on it again to view the largest version. Only the big image really does it justice.]

ows_137921041679653.jpg

P.S. I don't think anyone else in the league would attempt--let alone make--this type of shot against Big Syl. You need to watch it in real time to realize just what she did here.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Another great shot, and one that adds to the effect of WBB more than a dunk as far as I'm concerned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya's personal highlight video:

3 treys

1 finger roll

1 70' fast-break pass

Jordanesque!! Wow!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Back in the dark ages (1950"s)
Carl Braun (6'5") of the Knicks used to take that shot.
I remember a huge pix in the NT TImes celebrating such an occasion.
I'll see if I can find it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
we dont like the NBA, dunks, the "mens game" etc... but we're always comparing the ladies to the guys, strange!

(minor rant over, GO MAYA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22