Reaction Score
Maya with another strong all-around game against the East-leading Chicago Sky:

22 pts
11rebs
6 ast

4-6 3pt

RECAP
Box Score

The Invincible Queen now looks to the playoffs, with Game 1 against the Storm at home in Minny on Friday 9/20.

Fear The Mayan

Reaction Score
WNBA.com hasn't included this game in the season stats yet, but by my calculation Maya should take the 3 pt. percentage crown with 45.2%. Maya went 4 for 6 in downtown range while EDD, her only realistic competition, went 0 for 3. Maya also ends the season with 72 treys made, and if Ivory Latta makes at most 2 in her last game, Maya will also lead the WNBA in the number of 3 pointers made. This would be the first time one player leads the league in both percentage and number made.

That is pretty impressive....

Reaction Score
WNBA.com hasn't included this game in the season stats yet, but by my calculation Maya should take the 3 pt. percentage crown with 45.2%. Maya went 4 for 6 in downtown range while EDD, her only realistic competition, went 0 for 3. Maya also ends the season with 72 treys made, and if Ivory Latta makes at most 2 in her last game, Maya will also lead the WNBA in the number of 3 pointers made. This would be the first time one player leads the league in both percentage and number made.

That is pretty impressive....

Congrats to Maya! Ivory Latta scored 2 treys in her last game, so Maya is the first player to lead the WNBA in both 3pt field goal percentage and number of 3 pointers made.

Reaction Score
may have helped her secure the MVP as well... or is it too early?

While I certainly hope that she gets it, there is a WNBA blog that has Maya in 4th place. More than anything, it pleases me immensely that Minnesota has become Maya's team now. It could not have happened soon enough, but it is probably better that the torch was not immediately passed along.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Maya! Ivory Latta scored 2 treys in her last game, so Maya is the first player to lead the WNBA in both 3pt field goal percentage and number of 3 pointers made.

Wow! I had no idea Maya was having such a great 3 point shooting year. And to be the first player to lead in 3 point field goal percentage while also leading in number of made three pointers is absolutely incredible. If she also attempted the most three pointers, then that would be astronomical. Is Maya also the first front court player to lead the league in both of those three point categories? Maya might also be leading the league in free throw percentage.(will check)

During Maya's senior year at UConn, were many on this board who felt that Maya was taking far too many three pointers; Especially after the Stanford loss. Why? She is and always was a fantastic three point shooter.

Reaction Score
I looked at the final WNBA stats. This was the first year when the WNBA moved the three point line from 20 feet, 6 1/4 inches to 22 feet, 1 3/4 inches. Only two players, Maya and EDD, ended up with a 3pt percentage greater than 40%. With the exception of EDD, Maya was at least 5.6pp greater than the best of the rest.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
... Maya might also be leading the league in free throw percentage.

espn.com shows Maya at .882 on 90 of 102 attempts. Elena is at .929(!) on 157 of 169 attempts.

I don't think I could make 93% of my shots under game conditions if I were standing on a ladder over the basket.

Is the Sky's turnaround from 14-20 (the past 3 years) to 24-10 a record for a conference winner?

Reaction Score
espn.com shows Maya at .882 on 90 of 102 attempts. Elena is at .929(!) on 157 of 169 attempts.

I don't think I could make 93% of my shots under game conditions if I were standing on a ladder over the basket.

Is the Sky's turnaround from 14-20 (the past 3 years) to 24-10 a record for a conference winner?

Recently, the Lynx went 13-21 in 2010. In 2011 (Maya's rookie season) they went 27-7 with a conference title and a WNBA championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom