Maya Team Sports Women of Year | The Boneyard

Maya Team Sports Women of Year

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
?Not a whisper on ESPN? Women's Sports Foundation award.

Former UConn star Maya Moore, who helped the Minnesota Lynx capture the WNBA championship two weeks ago, was honored as the 2017 Team Sportswoman of the Year by the Women's Sports Foundation at its 38th Annual Salute to Women in Sports on Wednesday.

The award is presented to athletes who have exhibited supreme athletic performance over the past year and distinguished themselves in their sport.

Auriemma values trip to Celtics' camp

Yeah, little Geno piece there too.

Katie Ledecky, Maya Moore named WSF Sportswomen of the Year

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
ESPN's website section for women's BB still has a sidebar piece about the 111 game winning streak ending, six months after the fact.

It's like the SOB's squirting lemon juice in our eyes.

And you expect them to report Maya's award?

In my mind's eye I can see them jumping for joy when Miss State won the game. :mad::mad::mad:

Reaction Score
ESPN's website section for women's BB still has a sidebar piece about the 111 game winning streak ending, six months after the fact.

It's like the SOB's squirting lemon juice in our eyes.

And you expect them to report Maya's award?

In my mind's eye I can see them jumping for joy when Miss State won the game. :mad::mad::mad:
What makes you think that?

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
By them, I meant the "team" who maintains their website. Perhaps I used too broad a brush but I still think that keeping that article up is a slap in the face of the program...and its fans.

Reaction Score
CDE28888-E98B-43B2-84A1-C192A7AF08D8.jpeg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fuller filed a piece late last night. UConn legend Maya Moore adds another title to her collection

"Minnesota entered the WNBA in 1999, had just two winning records in the franchise's first 12 seasons of existence never winning more than 18 games. Since Moore was taken by the Lynx with the first pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft, Minnesota has won at least 22 regular-season games every season winning 77 percent of its games in the regular season and 73 percent in the playoffs. Five times the Lynx had the best regular-season record and six times the top mark in the Western Conference.

Winning is nothing new to Moore. Dating back to her sophomore season at Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Georgia 12 years ago, she's won three high school state championships, four AAU national championships with the Georgia Metros, two NCAA titles at UConn, a EuroLeague and Spanish league title in her only season with Ros Casares and three Women's Chinese Basketball Association titles in her three seasons playing with the Shanxi Flames. She's also won seven gold medals with USA Basketball, including two World Championships and two Olympic titles. Between her time in high school, AAU, at UConn, in the WNBA and with USA Basketball, her teams have won88 percent of their games."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom