Maya says: great players, the RIGHT players | The Boneyard

Maya says: great players, the RIGHT players

Reaction Score
Maya: This is a special time. It is really remarkable the way this program can continue to bring in great players and the right players who belong here and know how to play here. There are still players in this generation who are up to the challenge of playing at Connecticut.

UConn legend Maya Moore weighs in on record winning streak

A lot of good content, though no new ground

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“It is weird kind of existence because you are in such a unique position where there is that balance between celebration and focus,” Moore said. “There is a culture of celebration, appropriate celebration but at the end of the day the next game is coming, the next season is coming and just constantly trying to win, get better and prepare. It can be a grind, it can be overwhelming. At the end of the season I get a cold, your body shuts down, I am exhausted because you are running at level 10 for an entire year. But there is nothing sweeter, looking back when I graduated and I gave everything that I had and have no regrets.”

"Other kids they struggle with it, they struggle with the expectations, they struggle with the weight of it. It doesn’t come from anybody and it is just there. I don’t think anybody goes to practice every day and goes, ‘Maya wouldn’t have done that.’ Nobody says that, nobody acts like that, It is like Lou (Katie Lou Samuelson) said one day, it is not like you can pretend it is not there."

:D:D:D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Maya and Lou hang out. I'm sure they would like each other.

Reaction Score
Maya: This is a special time. It is really remarkable the way this program can continue to bring in great players and the right players who belong here and know how to play here. There are still players in this generation who are up to the challenge of playing at Connecticut.

UConn legend Maya Moore weighs in on record winning streak

A lot of good content, though no new ground

Thanks Bags--good interview---I find this sentence interesting in as much as it comes from someone so young herself:There are still players in this generation who are up to the challenge of playing at Connecticut.
After reading
Maya ---you can understand WHY Uconn is not for every kid who excels in WBB..

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Maya and Lou hang out. I'm sure they would like each other.
Two players at Uconn over the years --I only met one casually--but each comes across as just nice decent good people--Maya and Anne Strothers--I'm sure there are 50 or more but these two---to ME standout.
This years team alone probably has another dozen--of course I am biased and emotionally attached to this years group.

Reaction Score
MM is so eloquent, insightful and articulate. MM and Pheesa connection and mutual respect and admiration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom