Maya Moore's, New Player Tribune Feature | The Boneyard

Maya Moore's, New Player Tribune Feature

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting. Nice to see her involved. And I remember Stackhouse from back in the day. Liked watching him play at UNC.

One thing that stuck out for me though was they didn't say if Irons was (or if they thought he was) innocent or "not guilty", but rather he wasn't prosecuted correctly. Which does have some merit to it. Though I am not a big fan of the guilty going free because of a technicality. I understand it, just not a fan of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Maya is something special. Such a tremendous role model for young women.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Interesting. Nice to see her involved. And I remember Stackhouse from back in the day. Liked watching him play at UNC.

One thing that stuck out for me though was they didn't say if Irons was (or if they thought he was) innocent or "not guilty", but rather he wasn't prosecuted correctly. Which does have some merit to it. Though I am not a big fan of the guilty going free because of a technicality. I understand it, just not a fan of it.
Maya states that he was "wrongfully convicted." They would mean that he is (or she believes him to be) factually innocent.

Prosecutorial misconduct is not about technicalities. A system that does not guard against prosecutorial misconduct can provide no certainty that those convicted of crimes are actually guilty of them.

Reaction Score
Interesting . Nice to see her involved. And I remember Stackhouse from back in the day. Liked watching him play at UNC.

\]
The thing about Justice , I mean law justice, not moral justice, is that if those prosecuting don't apply the law evenly (fairness is not always evident) then we are all possible victims. Because the terms Moral and Fairness mean different things to people in different circumstances it's near impossible to apply for all. But the law should not stop seeking that goal.
Legal results can be frustrating--hope Maya knows that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maya states that he was "wrongfully convicted." They would mean that he is (or she believes him to be) factually innocent.

Prosecutorial misconduct is not about technicalities. A system that does not guard against prosecutorial misconduct can provide no certainty that those convicted of crimes are actually guilty of them.
No, not really. Not really what they said. He may be innocent. But he may be guilty also, just wrongly prosecuted. Or poorly prosecuted. That's the way they made it sound.
\]
The thing about Justice , I mean law justice, not moral justice, is that if those prosecuting don't apply the law evenly (fairness is not always evident) then we are all possible victims. Because the terms Moral and Fairness mean different things to people in different circumstances it's near impossible to apply for all. But the law should not stop seeking that goal.
Legal results can be frustrating--hope Maya knows that.
Oh, like I said I understand. However if Justice (not just law Justice, but actual Justice) wins out, then there are no victims. If we rely on law Justice, then there can be victims.

Reaction Score
No, not really. Not really what they said. He may be innocent. But he may be guilty also, just wrongly prosecuted. Or poorly prosecuted. That's the way they made it sound.

Oh, like I said I understand. However if Justice (not just law Justice, but actual Justice) wins out, then there are no victims. If we rely on law Justice, then there can be victims.

The only justice that can be controlled is LAW justice. Back in the old west Justice it was crowd justice--how well did that work?
If the world, and in this new world is more true, people think the courts or Congressional Bills produce the justice they seek--won't happen. Congress produces Knee Jerk bill/law--which clutter the law books with little no value except emotional. Our states and Feds could erase 90 percent of all law, we as citizens would be safer from frivolous prosecution, and we wouldn't miss them. There will ALWAY's be victims--real victims and those who perceive themselves as Victims--it's like the poor, they shall, as the bible say, always be with us. Justice, Like perfection it is unattainable. .
Only God can give true justice--even then I don't always agree with the decisions.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I really like it that Maya is becoming an activist.
There's a lot for her to do when her BB career is over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom