Maya Moore NBC News Interview -- Video | The Boneyard

Maya Moore NBC News Interview -- Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Looks like Miss Maya has been anointed the face of USA Olympics with all the media she is doing. I am fine with that. I know it is a little sappy to say but she is such an inspiring woman.

Video Link

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I+Heart.jpg
MayaMoore_crop_340x234.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who better than Maya to represent her team and nation!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So smart; so articulate...Can you imagine a game with Maya and Nnemka as the announcers. Now THAT would be something worth waiting for...with special guest Geno! ESPN, please keep an eye on these two women...they are the smartest and best spoken, in my view.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dee needs to cool it in London. I suspect she will be on her best behavior with Geno around.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ice- you make positive into negative better than anyone on this board.
Not being negative just acknowledging the reality of the impact of some of her actions. I am more than willing to give her the space to understand the deep emotions involving her former team and some of the reported harassment aimed her way. But actions have impacts on others and consequences.

Reaction Score
Not being negative just acknowledging the reality of the impact of some of her actions. I am more than willing to give her the space to understand the deep emotions involving her former team and some of the reported harassment aimed her way. But actions have impacts on others and consequences.
Hell hath no fury---- you know the rest

Reaction Score
Looks like Miss Maya has been anointed the face of USA Olympics with all the media she is doing. I am fine with that. I know it is a little sappy to say but she is such an inspiring woman.

Video Link
Sappy, no way! What a wonderful ambassador for professional sports and the Lord! We could use many more Mayas.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
hmmmm.....So Diana makes a big mistake gets caught, acknowledges that she has made this mistake, atones for this mistake and makes a change in her life to not repeat this mistake EVER...
Diana almost loses the right to play basketball ever again
Diana wants to punch something organge
Diana does a bold magazine spread
Diana in her disgust throws her 2nd place medal down protest
Diana wins chamionships
Diana flips the bird.....

Diana lives in a fishbowl. Poor Diana, to have every move watched and commented upon.

When she makes a mistake, she owns up to it, when she is unfairly charged, she does all the right things to get exonerated, when she feels something is wrong she is unafraid, and when she is joyful all the world is at her feet...

I give Diana credit for staying true to herself.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, there are very few high-profile WBB, or women athletes period. D happens to be one. It's unfair, but she has to be held to a higher standard than a male athlete for this very reason. She's D, she's incredible, she fought her ass off for UCOnn, she may just be the GOAT, but she's flawed. No more so than Jordan was however.

Maya is a dream. Rare that someone has that package of competitiveness and drive and the personal attributes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, there are very few high-profile WBB, or women athletes period. D happens to be one. It's unfair, but she has to be held to a higher standard than a male athlete for this very reason. She's D, she's incredible, she fought her ass off for UCOnn, she may just be the GOAT, but she's flawed. No more so than Jordan was however.

Maya is a dream. Rare that someone has that package of competitiveness and drive and the personal attributes.
This expresses the reality of D's situation very well. Fair, no, reality, yes. And it does affect how people react to her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was she really in Storrs for 4 years? Sometimes, it seemed too good to be true. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom