Maya Moore: Finals MVP and Trending on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
lynx-championship-bg-1301010-t-shirt.jpg

Reaction Score
As a Minnesota resident and UConn grad, the minute the Lynx drafted Maya Moore, I knew that this franchise was on the road to greatness. This young lady, along with the rest of the Lynx crew, are awesome!!! Congrats, Maya and to the Lynx!!! Making us UConn fans proud

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya will go back to the White House yet again. Barack and Michelle should name a room for her. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Reeve appears to be a very good coach - wouldn't mind seeing her as one of the WNBA assistants on the National team. She has 3 Olympians on her team and has succeeded in getting the whole team to buy into a very unselfish brand of basketball. And for those wondering what kind of pro Stef will be ... I think McCarville is a pretty good model.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
JordanVerified account@Jumpman23
Take a look at @MooreMaya's new logo. You'll see this on-court next season when she goes after her 3rd title:

This is very big for Maya ....... merchandise is a HUGE deal in pro sports amongst the young crowd especially, and potentially a very nice chucnk of $$$ for her depending on how her Nike deal is structured.

I hope her stuff sells like hotcakes going forward!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nice words for Maya from M. Voepel in the linked article below. Also note the thoughtful praise from her coach, Cheryl Reeve:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have some winners," Minnesota coach Cheryl Reeve said of her Lynx players. "But I think Maya was the piece that put us over the top. In terms of giving us that confidence, that drive, that expectation. I think more than anything, it's the expectation. Maya expects to win."

At this point, everyone who pays attention to women's basketball expects her to win, too. And yet …

"Maya doesn't have an arrogant bone in her body," Reeve said. "There are not necessary many good guys that win. But Maya is the epitome of that: She's a good guy that wins. Anytime you're around Maya, you see that. Like coming back here, to this place she played when she was in high school. She says hi to the usher at the locker-room door. She touches people with her humility."

LINK

wnba_a_lynx2_cr_200x300.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was cool that Maya won in the same arena where she won 3 Georgia championships. So much for the Dream having home court advantage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is very big for Maya ....... merchandise is a HUGE deal in pro sports amongst the young crowd especially, and potentially a very nice chucnk of $ for her depending on how her Nike deal is structured.

I hope her stuff sells like hotcakes going forward!!
The logo of Jordan airborne and the TW on Tiger's cap are instantly recognizable. Look for the double-M everywhere. I think Geno may get a free shirt.

Aj

Reaction Score
As i have said before she is the greatest WBB player ever, bar none.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Kinda reminiscent of MTM productions: I guess she's gonna make it, after all..:)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Reeve appears to be a very good coach - wouldn't mind seeing her as one of the WNBA assistants on the National team. She has 3 Olympians on her team and has succeeded in getting the whole team to buy into a very unselfish brand of basketball. .

Technically, she has four Olympians on her team, as Rachel Jarry was a member of the 2012 Australian Olympic Team (the Opals).

Reaction Score
Reeve appears to be a very good coach - wouldn't mind seeing her as one of the WNBA assistants on the National team. She has 3 Olympians on her team and has succeeded in getting the whole team to buy into a very unselfish brand of basketball. And for those wondering what kind of pro Stef will be ... I think McCarville is a pretty good model.

Good players make good coaches. There have only been three multiple Wade Trophy winners. Two of them play for Minnesota.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As i have said before she is the greatest WBB player ever, bar none.
Her resume is not long enough for me to say that, but I do think she's on her way. I think she has improved to the point where she is as good as anyone right now, including Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom