Maya at #99..... | The Boneyard

Maya at #99.....

Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday and the place was electric to begin with. But the crowd roared when the camera caught Maya in the stands. She humbly smiled when introduced by the announcer. She has always presented with a certain grace, but also a calmness as if she views the world a little different than everyone else (and she probably does). How great to see her supporting this latest cast of players as every win extends the current streak! I wouldn't be surprised if she was there tomorrow night as well. She has always represented UCONN well and in my opinion has been one of the university's best ambassadors. Another favorite moment...the gasp from the crowd when Gabby leaped a mile high for that rebound and pulled it down (you know which one I mean). Smiles of disbelief everywhere, including yours truly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday and the place was electric to begin with. But the crowd roared when the camera caught Maya in the stands. She humbly smiled when introduced by the announcer. She has always presented with a certain grace, but also a calmness as if she views the world a little different than everyone else (and she probably does). How great to see her supporting this latest cast of players as every win extends the current streak! I wouldn't be surprised if she was there tomorrow night as well. She has always represented UCONN well and in my opinion has been one of the university's best ambassadors. Another favorite moment..the gasp from the crowd when Gabby leaped a mile high for that rebound and pulled it down (you know which one I mean). Smiles of disbelief everywhere, including yours truly.
Maya was interviewed on the SNY broadcast and said she will be at the game Monday night, along with other alums.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
IAnother favorite moment..the gasp from the crowd when Gabby leaped a mile high for that rebound and pulled it down (you know which one I mean). Smiles of disbelief everywhere, including yours truly.

Agreed. I was one of those gasping and smiling in disbelief. Seemed like she came out of nowhere. Amazing play.

My favorite moment yesterday, though, was arriving and seeing Lou in uniform. Just as the crowd gasped on Gabby`s play, I sensed a collective sigh of relief when Lou hit her first three. She took over from there, great how she can score in bunches.

Nice blurb in Hartford Courant today on Maya and Napheesa. Both are originally from Jefferson City, Mo. Maya says she has "big sister feelings" towards Napheesa, is proud of her, and praises her talent, coolness and poise.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday and the place was electric to begin with. But the crowd roared when the camera caught Maya in the stands. She humbly smiled when introduced by the announcer. She has always presented with a certain grace, but also a calmness as if she views the world a little different than everyone else (and she probably does). How great to see her supporting this latest cast of players as every win extends the current streak! I wouldn't be surprised if she was there tomorrow night as well. She has always represented UCONN well and in my opinion has been one of the university's best ambassadors. Another favorite moment..the gasp from the crowd when Gabby leaped a mile high for that rebound and pulled it down (you know which one I mean). Smiles of disbelief everywhere, including yours truly.
Looked like she had some Flubber on her shoes, a la The Absent-Minded Professor. [oldsters might remember the original from the early 60s with Fred MacMurray].

Reaction Score
Looked like she had some Flubber on her shoes, a la The Absent-Minded Professor. [oldsters might remember the original from the early 60s with Fred MacMurray].
MJ's hang time secret....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maya was interviewed on the SNY broadcast and said she will be at the game Monday night, along with other alums.

I was going to suggest that too. 100 consecutive wins is a milestone. Just like Tara Van derveer's 1000th career win was a milestone a couple of weeks back, and there were a lot of her former players on hand to help her celebrate that achievement. It would not surprise me to see a number of Geno's former players in the house tomorrow night for the same reason. You know how tight knit that group is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom