Maya Shifts Focus in 2019 [Merged Thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maya Shifts Focus in 2019 [Merged Thread]

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rather see her in Seattle with Sue, and Stewie.

So...Loyd for Maya? Or maybe Reeve would take Howard back after seeing what a mistake it was to let her go.

Reaction Score
So...Loyd for Maya? Or maybe Reeve would take Howard back after seeing what a mistake it was to let her go.
If Maya really wants out, Minnesota might not get someone as good as Loud.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If Maya really wants out, Minnesota might not get someone as good as Loud.

They have to get something in return. I really don't like these forced trades. Inmates running the asylum.

Reaction Score
Most shocking news ever in women’s basketball considering how humble Maya is. Must be something really going on with Lynx.

Reaction Score
Okay. I don't think any other franchise has suffered the same fate as the Sky though. Delle Donne and Fowles forced their way out back to back years and gutted the team. They aren't remotely close to recovering from that so far. Whatever players and draft picks they acquired aren't close to making up for what they lost.

The Sky have definitely been hit the hardest. A lot of players ask for trades, but most people don’t realize or care unless it’s like an MVP level player.

Dupree, Toliver, and McGee-Stafford also asked out of Chicago.

Harding, Houston, Wiggins, Peters are examples for Minnesota. The Wiggins and Peters trades turned out good.

I’m sure there are many I don’t know about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Minnesota should trade her to the Sun. The Lynx still owe for the Whelan trade.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In other related news, the whole Tennessee LAdy Vols team wants to be traded to any team with a coach who has a clue how to develop them...:rolleyes:

That was well known before any of those players signed up. They got exactly what they should have expected. Not one iota of sympathy from me.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That was well known before any of those players signed up. They got exactly what they should have expected. Not one iota of sympathy from me.
BIg games tomorrow/tonight night after 10pm ET for you, me @LoTrader and @Plebe to banter about and anyone else who’s willing to stay up!

Reaction Score
Wow. Sad news for us Lynx fans if Maya decides to retire, get traded, or sits out. She has been such a positive force in the Twin Cities. Man just hard to process.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she is “forced” into retirement because of the Lynx refusal to honor her trade requests if she’s asking for one, Maya has several options available to her. I’m sure opportunities as a color analyst (studio or sideline) or assistant coach would be available to her should she choose to go in either direction. I don't think she'd be unemployed very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I wonder why Maya signed the contract when she did - it seems like something must have changed. If her contract had expired, there'd be no need for a trade - she'd be a free agent. There must be more to the story because Maya is one of the most honorable, humble and hard working players I've ever had the pleasure of following.

The decision to forego All Star captain honors, skip the National Team USA world championships with no real explanation,, and now this - none of it rings true for her character. I hope she's ok...

Minnesota put a franchise tag on her. I believe that would be the reason for the trade request.

Reaction Score
Minnesota put a franchise tag on her. I believe that would be the reason for the trade request.

Well, yeah... I mean if they don’t core (that’s what they call it in the WNBA) her, then she’s free to sign with any team without any compensation to the Lynx. The Lynx either want her to stay and play, or receive compensation for her in a trade. She’s too valuable of an asset to just let walk away.

Reaction Score
Has it been confirmed that Maya has requested a trade? Maybe she needs more time off.

EXACTLY.

I said this earlier in the thread and will repeat it: there is NO evidence thus far that Maya requested a trade. Shame on the initial report and the OP for suggesting otherwise and implying that she was being a diva.

Reaction Score
EXACTLY.

I said this earlier in the thread and will repeat it: there is NO evidence thus far that Maya requested a trade. Shame on the initial report and the OP for suggesting otherwise and implying that she was being a diva.
Some of the articles linked are citing WCCO TV saying that Maya is considering sitting out the season, retiring, or requesting a trade.

Maya Moore’s Future With Lynx Uncertain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom