May transfer thread | The Boneyard

May transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure about being called one of the top post players in the nation, but she could become one under Kim now that Egbo is out of her way, she might be a starter, not sure who LSU has returning in the post.

Reaction Score
Not sure about being called one of the top post players in the nation, but she could become one under Kim now that Egbo is out of her way, she might be a starter, not sure who LSU has returning in the post.
Probably meant coming out of HS and they are trying to get fans engaged and excited. Aifuwa is back for her 6th year, she's a 6'5 post player who is pretty strong. I bet Gusters gets a decent amount of time but she has another year to get in the best shape she can physically before being asked to take on a bigger role.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Any rumblings (or smoke) from Waco about other players heading to LSU?????

Reaction Score
There is discussion that Moon Ursin (who has graduated) will be applying for nursing school in the LSU area and may play for Kim. Moon is from the area.
013d6fb497ec39ac680927a30596cc7a.jpg

Reaction Score
Probably meant coming out of HS and they are trying to get fans engaged and excited. Aifuwa is back for her 6th year, she's a 6'5 post player who is pretty strong. I bet Gusters gets a decent amount of time but she has another year to get in the best shape she can physically before being asked to take on a bigger role.
I agree. I think a lot of it is media relations trying to generate excitement. That aside it is a big (size and ranked) signee.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
A very interesting tweet. Not Gusters, unless she removed a pinned tweet.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A very interesting tweet. Not Gusters, unless she removed a pinned tweet.

I believe it was Gusters. She had a pinned tweet that said "110% Committed" to Baylor and her signing day and such. Now it's removed.

Reaction Score
There is discussion that Moon Ursin (who has graduated) will be applying for nursing school in the LSU area and may play for Kim. Moon is from the area.
How would that work exactly if the nursing program is in New Orleans for LSU? Unless she goes to Tulane but I think she would prefer to play with Kim

Reaction Score
Not sure how credible this is, but I was told LSU has reached out to Camryn Taylor of Marquette....

Reaction Score
I believe it was Gusters. She had a pinned tweet that said "110% Committed" to Baylor and her signing day and such. Now it's removed.
She could have just changed it to read "110% Committed Until I'm Not" and covered herself. ;)

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
How would that work exactly if the nursing program is in New Orleans for LSU? Unless she goes to Tulane but I think she would prefer to play with Kim
LSU has a nursing program in New Orleans. My niece just graduated from the nursing program. Although her classes were in New Orleans, she was still technically a LSU student.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Camryn Taylor to Virginia. Nice grab for them

Really nice -- and desperately needed -- get for UVA, who also got back-up guard from Taylor Valladay from Marquette.

Interestingly, Taylor and Valladay are the 2nd and 3rd members of Carolyn Kieger's final recruiting class to move from "committed/playing to/at Marquette" to UVA. Remember Point Guard Shemera Willams, who was to be Kieger's highest-rated recruit ever? After Kieger left for PSU, Williams didn't stay in Milwaukee or go to Happy Valley. She went to join Tina Thompson at UVA. That lasted one year. Looked ok from the outside looking in, then hit the road to USC.

Listen, Thompson needs players. Any sort of quality players, because she was leaking them the last two years. I'm at a loss as to what Taylor and Valladay get. Maybe Tina can help with Taylor's paint game. Maybe not. Outside of that, they had a coach that got them into the NCAAs. I seriously doubt that will happen in Charlottesville.

This one confuses me :confused: (obviously ;))

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really nice -- and desperately needed -- get for UVA, who also got back-up guard from Taylor Valladay from Marquette.

Interestingly, Taylor and Valladay are the 2nd and 3rd members of Carolyn Kieger's final recruiting class to move from "committed/playing to/at Marquette" to UVA. Remember Point Guard Shemera Willams, who was to be Kieger's highest-rated recruit ever? After Kieger left for PSU, Williams didn't stay in Milwaukee or go to Happy Valley. She went to jon Tina Thompson at UVA. That lasted one year. Looked ok from the outside looking in, then hit the road to USC.

Listen, Thompson needs players. Any sort of quality players, because she was leaking them the last two years. I'm at a loss as to what Taylor and Valladay get. Maybe Tina can help with Taylor's paint game. Maybe not. Outside of that, they had a coach that got them into the NCAAs. I seriously doubt that will happen in Charlottesville.

Just an outsider's opinion but I think ND screwed up by not going after Megan Duffy when McGraw bailed out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Interestingly, Taylor and Valladay are the 2nd and 3rd members of Carolyn Kieger's final recruiting class to move from "committed/playing to/at Marquette" to UVA. Remember Point Guard Shemera Willams, who was to be Kieger's highest-rated recruit ever? After Kieger left for PSU, Williams didn't stay in Milwaukee or go to Happy Valley. She went to jon Tina Thompson at UVA. That lasted one year. Looked ok from the outside looking in, then hit the road to USC.

Actually I was thinking that they leveled up. Aside from getting the chance to get beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament.... 2 years at UVA > 2 years at Marquette in my opinion. UVA is a great school... Charlottesville is a great college town.... they get to play in a better basketball conference... and they get two chances next year to get revenge on VPI. :p

Reaction Score
Kinda intrigued to see who takes a chance on Sarah Dumitrescu, the transfer from Ole Miss. She seems to be followed by a lot of coaches, but two ACL injuries in back to back years is pretty devastating to come back from.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UVA also got a bunch of IVY grad transfers - not sure how good they are, but that school and grad school are certainly draws if they can get the team playing better ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom