MaxPreps: Top 10 RBs FROM THE PAST DECADE | The Boneyard

MaxPreps: Top 10 RBs FROM THE PAST DECADE

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The most overrated player in Uconn history!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful. Kris1's family may send you the bill for repairing the hole in the wall you just indirectly caused.

Reaction Score
Be careful. Kris1's family may send you the bill for repairing the hole in the wall you just indirectly caused.

Listen.... I NEEDED him to be as good as we thought... Uconn and The Yard needed him to be as good as they thought.... Is hasn't come CLOSE to that. No offense but that's reality.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Given the O-Line we had the last few years, there was no way for him to succeed, and yet he still put up very good numbers. I also don't think he's being used correctly. Get him in open space, not running up the gut. Maybe a pitch out, inside screens, outside screens. He's very elusive once he gets some space.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness Newsome is a good back just not a great one. And not even in the top 20 of greatest disappointments at UConn.

Reaction Score
It's gottta be Jerrell Miller, hands down. Came to UConn as the MVP of the Army All-American game. Never played a single down for UConn.

He did play some on the DL. When he was recruited many thought as a true fresh he would unseat Danny Lansanah at the Mike. The kid was as big as a house and couldn't move any where near as well as Lansanah. He did have a lot more stars than Lansanah though. Edsall must have thought having the speed to make plays was more important. Go figure.....

Reaction Score
Do you think Newsome would do ok in a TCU style offense or how about a consistant top 25 rated offense?

He would be a star.

Reaction Score
Do you think Newsome would do ok in a TCU style offense or how about a consistant top 25 rated offense?

He would be a star.
Great backs can make their own success and find holes. AK ain't that. He's a great open field back, but not a complete back. We could do a lot worse, but he doesn't have DB, JT, or TC level talent at the college level.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He did play some on the DL. When he was recruited many thought as a true fresh he would unseat Danny Lansanah at the Mike. The kid was as big as a house and couldn't move any where near as well as Lansanah. He did have a lot more stars than Lansanah though. Edsall must have thought having the speed to make plays was more important. Go figure.....

Miller never played. He was the UNC transfer. Not sure who you are remembering.

Reaction Score
Miller never played. He was the UNC transfer. Not sure who you are remembering.

I might be thinking of a spring game, but I could have sworn he saw some game time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IMG_4159.PNG
I might be thinking of a spring game, but I could have sworn he saw some game time.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Dwayne Difton, DJ Shoemate come to mind
I think Difton was definitely it. If I recall he was a 4 star recruit when he committed to us. Might have been the highest rated recruit we ever got, not counting transfers. He was definitely the biggest bust in my mind.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Stop it. You know what I meant.

The coaching changes, scheme changes and lack of an OL like Donald Brown and Jordan Todman had, makes a world of difference.

Obviously it makes a difference, but he's still not nearly as talented as either Brown or Todman. Newsome won't make an NFL roster

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom